Download FREE Promoted to Grandma and Grandpa SVG Files to make mugs, shirts, and more for the new grandparents in your life! Perfect for pregnancy announcements and baby gifts.
If you or someone you know have great parents that are soon to be great grandparents, you’ll love these FREE SVG set I just created! In this month’s Totally Free SVG Blog Hop, download my TWO grandparents themed SVG files that you can use with your Cricut or Silhouette machine.
Not only can you grab my free Grandma and Grandpa SVG cut files, you can also download all of these at the links towards the end of the post. My blogging besties have the CUTEST ideas for grandparent themed crafts. You’re sure to find at least one that you need to make right now!
Promoted to Grandma and Grandpa DIY Mugs
Here’s all of the supplies that you need to make these cute mugs! You can use either traditional permanent vinyl or make them permanent with Infusible Ink!
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or shop machines at Cricut)
- Adhesive Vinyl from Cricut | Vinyl from Expressions Vinyl
- Transfer Paper
- Infusible Ink (one of my favorite products on the market)
- Blank Ceramic Mug or Sublimation Mug
- Cricut Mug Press (Although the Mug Press is a really cool machine to have in your craft room, don’t discount adhesive vinyl! You can make your own mugs with vinyl that will last a really long time. Plus, you can use any mug with vinyl, but you’ll need a blank sublimation mug to use Infusible Ink. If you are just getting started, vinyl is a much cheaper option.)
If you’re new to the Cricut Mug Press, I have two posts you’ll LOVE:
DIY Promoted to Grandparents Mugs
Infusible Ink is one of my favorite products, which is why I love the Mug Press. I have already made a mug in my oven with Infusible Ink markers, too! Infusible Ink uses the chemical process of sublimation to embed your design right into the material. And yes, that includes mugs! You can see some of the basic techniques for using Infusible Ink in my guide that’s dedicated to ALL things Infusible Ink!
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
If you’re using adhesive vinyl, size your mug and cut out the design with your Cricut. Use transfer tape or paper to place the design on the mug. Adhere well and let the adhesive cure for 72 hours before using. A mug created with vinyl is hand wash only.
An infusible ink mug is slightly different. Measure the mug design size and cut from Infusible Ink transfer paper with the design MIRRORED. If using two colors, place both colors on the same transfer or backing sheet to transfer and heat onto the sublimation blank mug.
- Easy Crumple Tie Dye Technique
- Free Aloha Sun SVG
- Free Teacher Appreciation SVG Files
- DIY Snow Globe Tumbler
- How to Ice Dye
Links to FREE Grandparents SVG Files
Visit each of these amazing blogs to find ALL of these SVGs for grandparents projects and gifts! Follow their instructions to download. We all hope you love them!
- Grandkids Make Life Grand from The Country Chic Cottage
- Fairy Grandmother from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Promoted to Grandma/Grandpa from Pineapple Paper Company
- My Favorite People Call Me Nana/Papa from Hello Creative Family
- Super Grandma from Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Best Grandma/Grandpa Ever from Happiness is Homemade
- Grandkids Make Life Grand from Everyday Party Magazine
- I Put the Grand in Grandma from Happy Go Lucky
- My Fingers Hurt from See Lindsay
- Grandma – Like a Mom With No Rules from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Grandma’s Kitchen from Crafting in the Rain
- Love Them, Spoil Them, Give Them Back from Mad in Crafts
- Grandkids (The Best Part Of Growing Old) from Cutting Machine Crafting
Download Promoted to Grandparents SVG Files
In the gray box below, click to agree to the terms and then enter your information in the box that appears. Click the “Download” buttons and the SVG (.zip file) will download instantly. You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free SVG files available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. SVG and JPG files are included to use with Cricut Design Space and Silhouette Studio. Upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio can upload SVG files.