Celebrate one of the best flavors of the Christmas and Winter season with this Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Recipe!
My absolute favorite flavor that is associated with Christmas and Winter is GINGERBREAD. I crave gingerbread lattes, gingerbread muffins, gingerbread cake, and of course, gingerbread cookies. After making a Hot Chocolate Bomb Charcuterie Tray for my kids, I decided to whip up a Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Recipe!
It’s a really easy recipe that I made with my DIY Gingerbread Syrup – you can use it in your drinks and recipes all winter long!
RELATED POST: Gingerbread Marshmallows Recipe
This Gingerbread Hot Cocoa smells heavenly and tastes just as good too. And the best part is that it’s EASY. You can whip up a batch of the syrup and have it ready to go for a cold winter night, Christmas movie night, or a snow day!
You can certainly make your own hot chocolate from scratch, but I’m a firm believer that if it contains milk and chocolate, it will turn out great. My kids and I are really into hot chocolate bombs right now, but we are definitely partial to Swiss Miss packets, Starbucks hot cocoa mix, and the hot chocolate mix from Williams Sonoma (they even have some flavored varieties!) For this recipe I’m partial to a less-sweet mix like Starbucks or Williams Sonoma. The sugar in the gingerbread syrup adds enough sweetness to balance out the stronger chocolate flavor of those two kinds. Drinking chocolate would be yummy, too!
You could even make a big batch on hot chocolate in your slow cooker or instant pot and keep it warm while you’re out sled riding or unwrapping gifts on Christmas morning.
- Free Merry Christmas SVG Cut File and Sublimation File
- Grinch Ornament Free SVG Files
- Free Printable Halloween Bucket List
- Glowforge Projects for Halloween
- DIY Fortune Teller Crystal Ball Sign with Free SVG File
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Recipe
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- 1 recipe DIY Gingerbread Coffee Syrup
- 1 mug hot chocolate (a mix is totally fine!)
- milk, for hot chocolate
- whipped cream (optional)
- marshmallows (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare a cup of hot chocolate as desired.
- Add 2 TBSP of Gingerbread syrup – more or less to taste, or depending on the size of your cup. Stir to mix.
- Add whipped cream, sprinkles, and/or marhsmallows to taste. I love them all!
Don’t forget the toppings – I added whipped cream, sprinkles, and an adorable marshmallow to hang on the edge of my mug.