Gingerbread Coffee Syrup Recipe
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMrCoffeeMoments #CollectiveBias
Make your own Gingerbread Coffee with an easy homemade gingerbread coffee syrup recipe that is perfect for the holiday season. Skip the coffeehouse and spend quality time with your family at home making delicious coffee that everyone will love.
DIY Gingerbread Coffee Recipe
The weather is getting colder and the holidays are upon us, which means its a perfect time to drink more coffee. I’m partnering with Mr. Coffee® this season to help celebrate with your loved ones by making delicious coffee at home!
Christmas is a time for family, and we host guests throughout the season and on Christmas Day at our home. And since we are usually up until late in the night wrapping gifts, coffee is usually the first thing on everyone’s mind (after watching the kids open presents, of course.) This year, I made a recipe for Gingerbread coffee syrup that makes the perfect holiday cup of coffee. And with the help of my new Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker, I can make a consistent and delicious cup of coffee every time that all of my family will appreciate.
Learn about the Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
The new Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker is the new standard of coffee makers in my house – it has features I didn’t know that I needed – but I love! Here are the features I love most about my new coffee maker:
- Easy Color Coded Measuring System – with this new inventive scoop, you know precisely the right ground to water ratio, giving consistency and a better taste in every cup you brew.
- Pause and Serve feature – there’s always someone here for the holidays that wants their coffee NOW, not when the pot is done. This maker allows you to pause the brewing, pour a cup, and then keep brewing for everyone that is patient.
- Freshness reminder – no more remembering “when did you brew this coffee?!” The display indicates how long it has been since you brewed the pot.
- Advanced Water Filtration – the multi stage filtration removes impurities for a better taste, including 97% of chlorine (from filtration and brewing) and targets calcium to reduce water hardness.
Get the brand new Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker – click the photo below! You won’t be disappointed! It’s going to be the most used appliance in my kitchen this holiday.
Plus, check out this Good Housekeeping article that features the Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker as one of the best home and kitchen products.
Shop for the Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker at your local Target
I went to my local Target store, and they have a great Mr. Coffee® selection! The brand new Easy Measure 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is front and center in the small home appliance aisle. The display shows all of the reasons why it’s a great coffee maker to take home with you. Get the coffee maker online at Target! It would make a GREAT Christmas gift! Mr. Coffee® is America’s #1 coffee maker brand, so coffee lover on your gift list would appreciate it under the tree!
Although my new Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker has a lot of great features, it’s easy to use, is uncomplicated, and creates reliable results. The color coded system that appears on the scoop, carafe, and water reservoir make it really easy to know how much coffee to use. Just decide on how many cups you need and follow the measurements to know exactly how many scoops to put in the filter.
I’m an absolute sucker for holiday ANYTHING – and that definitely includes coffee. To share my love of holiday flavors with my family this year (who also love traditional coffeehouse beverages), I decided to make an easy Gingerbread Coffee Syrup that is perfect to serve the whole season. Using the syrup to make Gingerbread Lattes is a great way to elevate your regular holiday coffee.
Gingerbread Coffee Syrup
Gingerbread Syrup is sweet, a little spicy, and tastes just like my favorite holiday cookie. It’s really easy to make, because you just mix all of the ingredient in a sauce pan, and heat on the stove. The recipe uses spices traditionally found in gingerbread, and you probably have most or all of them in your cupboard already:
- Cardamom (my secret ingredient!)
You’ll combine those spices with sugar, molasses, water, and vanilla to create the syrup. Then, mix with coffee made with your Mr. Coffee® maker to make gingerbread bread flavored coffee. Add steamed milk, and you have your very own Gingerbread Latte!
Use DIY Coffee Syrup to Make a Gingerbread Latte
Making a latte with homemade syrup and coffee is SO easy. I used coffee made with my new Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure coffee maker, and because of the Easy Measure scoop, I knew I’d get a consistent and tasty coffee brew.
Your family will love the taste, plus you can top it off with a heavy swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon to give it that special coffeehouse look!
I love the sweet and slightly spicy taste of Gingerbread, so this syrup is perfect for my holiday coffee! I’ll be drinking it all through the holiday season, and I can’t wait to share it with my family that visits on Christmas.
Print the recipe for Gingerbread Coffee Syrup, and get simple instructions to make your very own homemade Gingerbread Latte:
Gingerbread Coffee Syrup
- Mr. Coffee® Easy Measure 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Gingerbread Latte:
- warm or steamed milk
- whipped cream
- cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
Make Gingerbread Coffee Syrup:
- Combine the water, sugar, molasses, and spices in a medium sauce pan.
- Whisk over medium heat until the mixture begins to simmer. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Turn off heat and add the vanilla. Stir to mix.
- Let cool completely. Transfer to a container or jar and store in the refrigerator.
Make an Easy Gingerbread Latte:
- Fill a coffee cup ½ to ⅔ full with coffee.
- Add 2 tbsp of gingerbread coffee syrup and stir. You can use more or less to taste (and depending on the size of your cup.)
- Fill the cup with warm or steamed milk.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
Hi, y’all! I’m Charynn, the owner and designer of Pineapple Paper Co. I’m a mom of four kids (two girls and two boys) living in Pittsburgh. I love hand lettering, anything southern, cocktails, and of course, pineapples! I am excited to share my SVG files, printables, and craft projects with you! The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality, and I welcome y’all to my little corner of the internet. Read more…