Make an Easy Strawberry Bellini Cocktail in just a few minutes with fresh berries and sparkling wine! This refreshing Strawberry Bellini is perfect to serve or sip at brunch all spring and summer long.
Spring and summer are my favorite time to host brunch. The weather is warm and the local produce is plentiful. In early June, strawberries are in season here and I look forward to fresh berries in my kitchen for hosting Strawberry Cocktail parties and making Strawberry Mint Lemonade.
Strawberry Bellini Cocktail
Remember, always drink responsibly when enjoying Strawberry Bellinis or any cocktail.
This year, I decided to make a twist on my super easy Peach Bellini recipe and use some of the fresh berries we picked to make a fresh Strawberry Bellini.
Although a traditional Bellini cocktail is made with fruit puree (peach puree) and Prosecco, I love the flavor of most fruits with wine. Fresh strawberries at the peak of ripeness are the perfect substitute for this take on the classic drink.
I have tried making this Strawberry Bellini a few different ways, and honestly, it always tastes great. For this post, I’ve opted for the easiest method for this recipe that requires very little prep work.
What is a Strawberry Bellini Made Of?
A classic strawberry bellini is made with fresh strawberry puree (made with strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor) and Prosecco. It’s delicious, but when strawberries are in peak season, you can make a refreshing strawberry bellini by just using some strawberry juice from fresh strawberries!
I have tried making this Strawberry Bellini a few different ways, and honestly, it always tastes great. For this post, I’ve opted for the easiest method for serving this recipe that requires very little prep work.
What Kind of Wine Should I Use to Make a Strawberry Bellini?
Bellinis are traditionally made with a good bottle of Prosecco, but I’ve found that I like Moscato or even a bottle of sparkling Rosé with the strawberries. The main point here: don’t be afraid to try what you already have in the house!
I have a set of stemless champagne flutes that I love, and they’re just gorgeous, like these from Amazon:
LOOKING FOR MORE BRUNCH WORTHY COCKTAILS? Check out these recipes:
- Easy Orange Pineapple Mimosa
- Frozen Peach Bellini Recipe
- Peach Lemonade with Bourbon
- Mint Julep Lemonade Recipe
How to Make Strawberry Garnish for Bellinis and Other Cocktails
Make your strawberry bellinis fun and creative with a strawberry garnish. It’s an easy and elegant way to make a simple cocktail into a beautiful drink! You can:
- Cut into a whole strawberry about 3/4 of the way through, then place the berry on the rim of your champagne flute or cocktail glass.
- Slice a strawberry (leave the stem intact) into thin slices and then cut each slice in half, about 3/4 of the way up the middle. Then twist slightly and place the slice on the rim of your champagne flutes.
- Make a strawberry fan by slicing the strawberry into thin slices and leaving the stem attached. Twist the strawberry open to create a fan shape.
Tips for Serving Delicious Strawberry Bellinis
- Make sure to use fresh strawberries during peak season. Otherwise, you can make a traditional fruit puree for a sweeter bellini.
- Gently stir in your strawberry mixture or strawberry puree to maintain all of the bubbles in your sparkling strawberry bellinis.
- Other fruits can make refreshing bellinis! Mix raspberries or blueberries with your Prosecco for a new blend. You can even create a “bellini bar” for a party just like the popular mimosa bar.
- Add a tiny splash of orange juice for a fun twist on the flavors of a classic bellini and mimosa!
- Serve alongside pastries or desserts for a family holiday brunch.
Easy Strawberry Bellini Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Bellini Cocktail
- Puree or mash 1 cup of the strawberries and strain through a fine mesh strainer. (See notes at end of recipe).
- Slice the remaining 1 cup of strawberries, saving 4 with stems to garnish the glasses if desired.
- Pour 1 TBSP of the juice into the bottom of a champagne glass.
- Add a few strawberry slices to the glass.
- Fill glass with sparkling wine. Stir lightly to combine.
- Garnish with a whole strawberry.