Make an EASY Berry Peach Dump Cake for dinner, brunch, or your next party. This recipe only has a few ingredients (including fresh and canned fruit!) and takes 5 MINUTES to make!
Are you ready to celebrate the last bit of summer weather? I’m sharing the easiest dessert recipe EVER! This Berry Peach Dump Cake combines fresh berries with canned peaches to make a perfect end-of-summer treat. And with the convenience of canned fruit, you can make it all year long!
What is a Dump Cake?
A dump cake gets it’s name from how you make it – you DUMP it into a pan instead of mixing the ingredients separately and then placing in a pan. This makes a dump cake the ULTIMATE EASY DESSERT! You can prep it in just a few minutes then put it in the oven while you continue on with other meal prep! I love making dump cakes even for a weeknight dinner, and my family thinks it’s a special treat!
Is a Dump Cake a Cobbler?
Yes, a dump cake is an old fashioned recipe similar to a cobbler or crumble in that you use the cake mix as the topping instead of mixing the ingredients together. If you want to test it for yourself, I have a really great Bourbon Peach Cobbler recipe!
What Kind of Fruit Can You Use in a Dump Cake?
This easy dump cake recipe uses a combination of fresh fruit and canned fruit. You can use fresh fruit, canned fruit, or frozen fruit in a dump cake. The most important part is that you have LIQUID to bubble up through the cake mix. If you have fresh or frozen fruit, make sure you cook the fruit down a little bit on the stove to make juice for your dump cake.
What Kind of Cake Mix Do You Use For a Dump Cake Recipe?
You can use whatever you have on hand, but a white, vanilla, or yellow cake works best! For my Peach Dump Cake with Berries, I used an inexpensive white cake mix.
How Do You Make a Dump Cake?
You literally dump the ingredients into a cake pan – starting with the fruit.
Then you add some spices (cinnamon and cardamom for this recipe!)
Add the cake mix on top of the fruit.
And then pour the melted butter over the top of the cake mix.
Even though it looks crazy, that’s all it takes before it goes in the oven!
How Long Does a Berry Peach Dump Cake Take to Make?
You can prepare a dump cake for the oven in 5 MINUTES. It’s SO easy!
How Long Does a Dump Cake Take to Bake?
Just under an hour! You bake the dump cake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes until the top is dark golden brown and the whole thing is bubbling through.
- iPhone Christmas Aesthetic Widget and App Icons
- Printable Trick or Treat Sign
- DIY Cricut Joy Halloween Card with Free SVG
- Easy Monster Halloween Snack Mix
- DIY Harry Potter Doormat
Easy Berry Peach Dump Cake Recipe
Berry Peach Dump Cake
- 2 29 oz can peaches in syrup
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries (chopped if large)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
- 1 white cake mix
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat a 9×13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dump 1 can of the peaches, including the liquid, into the bottom of the dish.
- Drain the liquid from the second can of peaches, then dump them into the pan.
- Place the berries in the pan, sprinkling evenly over the peaches.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and cardamom.
- Evenly spread the cake mix over top of the fruit.
- Pour the butter over the cake mix around the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top is dark gold brown and the whole thing is bubbling.