Banana Bread is one of my favorite things to bake, mostly because my family loves it SO much. I’ve tried a ton of recipes and this is my FAVORITE. It’s easy, moist, and uses up all of the bananas that are inevitably sitting on my kitchen counter. And I’ve made the recipe even better by adding Jackson Morgan Southern Cream! Your family will love these simple Banana Bread Recipe!
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
The BEST Banana Bread Recipe
Homemade Banana Bread is such a simple way to use up extra bananas, and I make it at least a couple of times a month. I’ve tried a ton of recipes over the years, including varieties with sour cream, cream cheese, applesauce, and more! But when I got the Magnolia Table cookbook by Joanna Gaines (I bought my copy of Magnolia Table on Amazon) I found my absolute favorite and best banana bread recipe! There are so many awesome recipes in the cookbook, but I’m pretty sure that the “After-School Banana Bread” is the first one I tried.
How do you Make Banana Bread?
Banana bread is EASY to make, because you basically just have to mix all of the ingredients in a mixer and pour it into a pan. It really only takes a few minutes of prep!
I recently discovered Jackson Morgan Southern Cream and it has become one of my favorite liquors – to drink and to bake with. I can’t begin to tell you how good it is! There are several different flavors, including Peppermint Mocha (perfect at Christmas!), Brown Sugar and Cinnamon, and Banana Pudding which are so far my favorite.
I was making banana bread on Sunday, and I immediately thought about adding some Jackson Morgan Southern Cream. And I’m so glad I did!
How to Make Easy Banana Bread
You can easily omit the use of the whiskey cream, but I think it adds a subtle (and lovely!) caramel taste to the banana bread.
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp Jackson Morgan Southern Cream, Banana Pudding flavor
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (if not using Southern Cream)
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2-3 tbsp granulated sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and Southern Cream (or vanilla) in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or hand mixer until combined. Add all of the bananas and mix until combined.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl to combine. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and top with the granulated sugar. Use as much or as little sugar as you'd like.
- Bake until set and toothpick in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Do NOT overbake. The banana bread will stay moist if you take it out of the over as soon as it's done.
- Let cool slightly and cut into squares. Serve warm or let cool completely.
- Leftovers can be stored (covered) at room temperature for 2 days.