175+ Glowforge Projects that You Can Make for Every Season
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Are you looking for Glowforge Projects to make? Look no further, because I have more than 175 Glowforge Projects that you can make ALL year long for yourself or to sell! I have laser project ideas for Christmas, Halloween, Summer, and everything in between. You can make so many different projects with your Glowforge! The options are truly endless. Check out all of my favorite designs and start crafting with your Glowforge today!
What is a Glowforge?
If you’re new to the world of laser cutting, you HAVE to learn about the Glowforge! It is a 3D laser printer or cutter that uses a focused beam of light to cut and/or engrave projects using wood, acrylic, leather, mylar, rubber and more! You can even engrave food and laptops!
I have an entire blog post dedicated to EVERYTHING you need to know before you buy a Glowforge, including how much they cost, which one you should buy, and how you can save $500 on a machine. Make sure you go read it if you are thinking about buying a Glowforge.
What Kind of Things Can I Make with a Glowforge?
Well, that’s why you’re here, right? Even though I have owned my Glowforge for almost 2 years, I am always surprised that the wide variety of materials that Glowforge owners use and projects that they create. Here are some of the popular ideas that make great gifts or you can use for your online shops:
- Cutting Boards
- Kids’ Toys
- Holiday Decor
- 3D Objects
By all means, that list isn’t exhaustive, but they are some of the most popular and best selling items to make with your Glowforge machine.
Can you Make Money with your Glowforge?
You certainly can! Just like any other craft machine, there is the possibility for you to sell the crafts that you make. One thing that I love about the Glowforge is that your finished projects will look SO professional. The machine cuts so precise that you can make detailed handmade goods that people won’t believe you actually made.
Where can you get Glowforge Designs?
Glowforge printers use the SVG (scalable vector graphic) file format, which is the same type of vector file that you use with your Cricut machine or Silhouette Studio. They are set up a little different, however, which is why you should look for “Laser Ready SVG Files” or “Glowforge SVG Files.” Laser ready files will have cut, engrave, and score areas labeled correctly within the file. Laser files that are designed properly should provide a seamless cutting experience.
There are different online sources for laser files:
- Blogs (I offer a ton of SVG files for download, including some that are laser ready)
- Glowforge Community
In my personal opinion, Etsy is a great source of digital files, and is your best bet if you are looking for a particular kind of file. There are some really great designers that sell their designs on Etsy, and I have personally purchased and used some amazing files from there.
Although free designs are a great way to try out your new machine and practice with different materials, you will likely be purchasing files in the lifetime of your Glowforge.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to sell the crafts that you make, you need a commercial license to sell the crafts that you make with a laser file. Some files (for free or for purchase) are for personal use only. If files are for personal use only or are trademarked or copyrighted by other company, you can NOT sell the crafts you make with those files. Commercial use licenses will usually be advertised in the Etsy listing, or if you find a file on DesignBundles, limited commercial use is included with your download.
Of course, if you want to have unlimited creative freedom with your projects, you can design your own cut files. Using a program like Adobe Illustrator, you can take your crafts to the next level by creating your own designs for your brand.
150+ Glowforge Project Ideas
Here are some of the best project design files that I have seen. I will keep adding project ideas as I create or find them, so definitely bookmark this post and check back! I have them separated by the following categories (click on the category to head right to that section of the post):
- Fall & Thanksgiving
- School & Teacher
- Valentine’s Day
- Spring & Easter
- Wedding & Engagement
- Baby & Nursery
- Kids’ Toys & Crafts
- Home Decor
Christmas is a popular category for Glowforge files. Anyone would love a handmade Christmas gift, and these are also popular selling items for craft shows.
- Santa Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Engraved Christmas Words Sign
- Personalized Christmas Ornaments
- Reindeer Name Ornaments
- Wooden Santa Christmas Eve Board
- 3D Christmas Signs
- Advent Calendar Christmas Tree
- 3D Gingerbread House
- Custom Name Reindeer Ornaments
- Standing Patterned Christmas Trees
- Our First Home Ornament
- Personalized Family Christmas Ornaments
- Modern Christmas Tree Sign
- Reindeer Family Names Wooden Sign
- Personalized Gingerbread Ornaments
- Snowglobe Earrings
- Christmas Tree 3-Tiered Stand
- Engraved Acrylic Snowflake Earrings
- A Christmas Story Leg Lamp Earrings
Halloween is personally one of my favorite holidays to craft for – I love to decorate my house for Trick or Treat. I have quite a few free Halloween designs that you can use with various materials.
- Lighted Halloween Sign
- Madame Leota Acrylic Nightlight
- Amuck Amuck Amuck Earrings
- Acrylic Ghost and Spiderweb Earrings
- Fortune Teller Crystal Ball Shaker Sign
- Home Sweet Haunted Home Sign
- 3D Haunted House
- Hocus Pocus Spoons
- Spooky Faces Halloween Garland
- Welcome Witches Sign
- 3D Halloween Signs
- Hello Boo Door Sign
- Engraved Ouija Board
- Modern Wood and Acrylic Boo Sign
- 3D Illusion Frankenstein Sign
Fall & Thanksgiving
Autumn is the perfect season to make projects for craft shows. Small businesses thrive off of Fall and Holiday craft shows, and some of my most downloaded craft projects include pumpkins!
- Turkey Photo Frame
- Fall Leaf Earrings
- Cozy Sweater Circle Earrings
- Wooden Inlay Pumpkin Earrings
- Pumpkin Coffee Stud Earrings
- Pumpkin Patch Layered Coasters
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe Board Sign
- Pumpkin Floral Wooden Sign
- Stacked Wooden Pumpkins
- Hot Apple Cider Sign
- It’s Fall Y’all Gnome Sign
- Fall Truck Wooden Sign
- Shiplap Pumpkin Garland
- Thankful Grateful Blessed Gnome Sign
- Decorative Standing Pumpkins
- Turkey Luminary Candle Holder
School & Teacher
With four kids, I make a lot of back to school items and teacher gifts. This are some of my favorite ideas!
- Engraved Chunky Pencils
- Animal Alphabet Puzzle
- Acrylic ABC Tracing Board
- Teacher Apple Wooden Sign and Stand
- Rainbow Ruler
- School Years Picture Frame
- Teacher Themed Keychains
- Teacher Appreciation Ruler
- Interchangeable First Day of School Sign
- Back to School Stud Earrings
- Layered School Rainbow Sign
- Home School Sign
There’s no better holiday to make a homemade gift for your Valentine, or even send Glowforge valentines to school with your kids!
- Valentine’s Day Stud Earrings
- PlayDoh Wooden Valentine Exchange Cards
- Valentine Tic Tac Toe Board
- Love You More Sign
- Valentine Bookmarks
- Little Pocket Hug Cards
- Love Heart Photo Sign
- Valentine Gnome Ornaments
- Valentine Card Wooden Ornament
- Candy Heart Earrings
Jewelry such as necklaces, earrings, and bracelets are some of the most popular items to make with a Glowforge Laser Cutter. They use minimal proofgrade materials, which means you can really maximize your profits from one sheet of material.
- Modern Geometric Wooden Earrings
- Geometric Wood and Acrylic Earrings
- Cheetah or Leopard Print Earrings
- Wood and Leather Circle Earrings
- AT-AT Charm for Necklaces
- Lightning Bolt Earrings
- Rainbow Macrame Earrings
- Bar Shape Wooden or Acrylic Earrings
- Mandala Necklace
- Wooden Earrings with Cork Inlay
- Leather Mystery Bracelet
- Mini Earring Stands
I personally love keychains, which is why I gave them their own category. I think they make great gifts for people who don’t necessarily wear jewelry. Plus, they are also a great product for using minimal craft supplies.
- You Are So Loved Heart
- Leather Key Fob
- Boho Keychains
- Funny Gym Keychains
- Monogram Letters
- Dog Mom
- You Are Roarsome Dinosaur
- Sports Keychains
- Teacher Gift Keychains
Spring & Easter
You can create some beautiful home decor projects with your Glowforge. Spring and Easter bring some really cute and colorful crafts!
- Clover Wooden and Acrylic Earrings
- Rainy Day Earrings
- Floral Standing Bunnies
- Modern Easter Bunny Candy Co. Sign
- Tulip Welcome Sign
- Spring Tiered Tray Decor
- Carrot Easter Basket Tags
- Little Peeps Easter Bunny Personalized Sign
- Farmhouse Bunny Tiered Tray Decor
- Scalloped Easter Signs
- Personalized Easter Bunny Shaped Basket Tags
- Easter Bunny and Carrot Banner
If you love the beach, mermaids, or summer fun, these Glowforge projects are for you!
- Ocean Wave Layered Inlay Sign
- Monstera Leaves Garland
- 3D Layered Mermaid
- Shiplap Beach Signs
- Summer Popsicle Wooden Sign
- Beach Please Sign
- Surfboard Shaped Layered Sign
- Sweet Summertime Front Porch Sign
- America Sign & Stand
- Mini Lanterns
- Bandana Pattern Hanging Stars
- Uncle Sam’s Fireworks Co. Sign
- 4th of July Tiered Tray Decor
- 3D Standing Stars
- Patriotic Bar Shaped Earrings
- 4th of July Popsicle Shaker Sign
Birthdays and other Parties are the perfect time to make some of your own crafts. You can even make large 3D projects like cake stands and cupcake stands!
- Acrylic Cake Stand
- Holiday Charcuterie Boards
- Cheese Board Food Picks
- Birthday Shaker Signs
- Sliding Birthday Gift Card Holder
- Customizable Coaster Set
- Cheers Drink Markers
- Beer Caddy with Pop Up Table
- Tiered Cupcake Stand
- Birthday Gift Tags
- Interchangeable Birthday Sign
- Pop Up Birthday Card
- Birthday Cake Toppers
Wedding & Engagement
Wedding gifts are another popular Glowforge craft category. Signs for wedding venues and engagements are some of the best projects I’ve seen, but another great project is table numbers!
- Hexagonal Table Number Signs
- Ring Box with Heart Design
- Standing Wedding Sign
- Wedding Cake Toppers
- We’re Engaged Cake Topper
- Engaged Wooden Ornament
- Acrylic Engagement Date Ornament
- Large “Let the Adventure Begin” Sign
- Puzzle Wedding Guest Book
- Wedding Date Calendar Ornament
- Unique Wooden Wedding Guest Book with Hearts
Baby & Nursery
- Acrylic Night Light with Nursery Song
- Baby Closet Dividers
- Baby Monthly Markers
- Baby Birth Stats Ornaments
- Rocket Split Monogram Signs
- Birth Announcement Signs
- Mountain Nursery Sign
Kids’ Toys & Crafts
This is a category that surprises me all of the time! Some designers must seriously be engineers. I am definitely not capable of designing a whole dollhouse to cut with my Glowforge!
- Jellyfish Kid’s Craft
- Rainbow Weave Project
- Wooden Bear Puzzle
- Matching Dinosaur Puzzle
- Wooden Rainbow Kid Embroidery Kit
- Rocket and Rainbow Paint Kits
- Alphabet Kid Craft
- Wooden Solar System Puzzle
- Wooden Catapult Toy
- LEGO Minifigure Display Case
- Build Your Own Dollhouse
- Wooden Wall-E Figure (for older kids)
- Toy Car Storage Case
- Animal Memory Game
- Alphabet and Spelling Activity Set
- Dollhouse Furniture
- 3D Dinosaur Fossil Figure
You can really make some of beautiful home decor projects with your laser printer. A lot of these project I put into the other categories, but here are some great “evergreen” or year round decor items that I love. Wall art and 3-tiered trays are definitely the most popular projects in this category.
- 3-Tier Octagon Tray
- Boho Rainbow Garland
- Family Home Standing Mantel Decor
- Welcome-ish Door Hanger Sign
- Mini Houses for Tiered Trays
- Magnolia Flower Cart
- Custom Wood Cutting Boards
- Home Sweet Home Gnome Key Hanging Sign
- Farmhouse Lemon Banner
I hope you found some projects that you love! Feel free to share any other amazing project ideas that you love in the comments!
Make sure to pin this image to your favorite Pinterest board!
Hi, y’all! I’m Charynn, the owner and designer of Pineapple Paper Co. I’m a mom of four kids (two girls and two boys) living in Pittsburgh. I love hand lettering, anything southern, cocktails, and of course, pineapples! I am excited to share my SVG files, printables, and craft projects with you! The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality, and I welcome y’all to my little corner of the internet. Read more…