Whether you’re planning a Bridal Shower, Mother’s Day Brunch, or just want to plan the best brunch ever with your friends, a Mimosa Bar is the perfect addition. With a few simple ingredients and some DIY Mimosa Bar decorations made easy with my Cricut® Explore Air 2™ Special Edition Martha Stewart Bundle, I set up a simple Mimosa Bar that will wow your guests!
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Mimosa Bar Ideas
It’s almost Mother’s Day, and making your own “Momosa Bar” is a great idea to celebrate the moms in your life at breakfast or brunch. Mimosas are also great for a crowd, which makes a Mimosa Bar perfect for a bridal shower (or even a baby shower!). I created a Mimosa Bar that has lots of creative ideas that you can use for either Moms or Brides-to-be. From juice ideas, to DIY Mimosa Bar decorations, to the the best cheap champagne, I think you’ll find enough ideas to plan the best Mimosa Bar ever!
Related Post: Need an Easy Mother’s Day Gift? Get a FREE Mother’s Day SVG and make a DIY Wooden Sign with Iron On Vinyl!
Martha Stewart Cricut Explore Air 2
Some of my favorite parties in the last year have been successful due in large part to using my Martha Stewart Cricut machine to create Pinterest-worthy details. Since last Spring, I’ve been sharing simple, yet stunning projects that you can make at home with your Cricut. I have styled an incredible Magical Unicorn Party, an Outdoor Peach party, a simple Dinosaur birthday party favor, designed a TON of DIY Personalized Gift Ideas and have even created a new small Cricut space in my craft room full of organization ideas.
The Martha Stewart Cricut Explore Air 2 can cut over 100 different materials, from cardstock, vinyl and iron-on to specialty materials like glitter paper, cork, and bonded fabric. In addition, the Cricut Explore Air 2 series machine cuts up to 2x faster than previous Explore models. Not only is it a powerful machine, it is gorgeous! It comes in a lustrous vanilla pearl finish with brushed gold accents and a set of coordinating tools. AND, there’s a coordinating Cricut EasyPress 2 Martha Stewart Edition in gold that I love as well – the Cricut EasyPress is definitely a must-have for your craft room!
How to Set up a Mimosa Bar
You might be asking yourself, “What do I Need for a Mimosa Bar?” There are just few main ingredients that you need to create a stunning DIY Mimosa Bar:
- Champagne (or alternatively Prosecco or other Sparkling Wine). I’ve found the best “cheap” champagne that I like to make Mimosas with is Chandon. It’s a great California sparkling wine that pairs well with fruit juice. One bottle of Champagne will make approximately 6 mimosas, so plan accordingly. I prefer a dry sparkling wine over Prosecco, so I usually choose something on the dry side as opposed to sweet.
- Fruit juice. Get a few different juice options for your guests. Mimosas with orange juice are traditional, but I like to surprise my guests a little bit. I used Grapefruit, Mango, and Cranberry juices to mix with the champagne. There are tons of different juice ideas you can use! Definitely use the opportunity to get creative!
- Sliced Fruit, for garnish. I added a few small bowls of fruit to my Mimosa Bar so that everyone could add fruit to their Mimosas. I displayed blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries in small bowls with spoons so guests could serve themselves.
Additional Mimosa Bar supplies that are necessary:
- Champagne Flutes or Glasses (I like this Stemless Champagne glass version.)
- Mimosa Bar Carafes (normal sized juice carafes will hold almost a whole container of juice and will still be easy for your guests to handle.)
- Ice Bucket (I used a glass bowl on a stand – like this Trifle Bowl – that worked perfectly to chill one or two bottles of Champagne. A bigger ice bucket will hold more Champagne, but will takeover your Mimosa Bar Setup. Keep a bottle or two on ice and the rest in the refrigerator, ready to go.)
- Straws (Can be used for stirring or for sipping if your guests prefer. I like these blue and white paper straws.)
- Cocktail napkins (mine are from the Martha Stewart Celebrations line at Michaels).
DIY Mimosa Bar Decorations
To make the Mimosa Bar Decor Ideas, you’ll need some Cricut craft supplies!
- Cricut Machine (the Cricut Explore Air 2, Martha Stewart edition is available exclusively at Michaels)
- Cricut Cardstock (Pink & Orange in varying hues; Navy Blue)
- Cricut Vinyl (White & Navy Blue)
- Cricut Iron On (White)
- Cricut EasyPress (the Martha Stewart Cricut EasyPress 2 is available exclusively at Michaels).
I’ve crafted some Mimosa Bar decoration ideas that you can use for any occasion – I love the idea of adding a Mimosa Bar to either a Bridal Shower or Mother’s Day brunch! And because I used my Cricut Explore Air 2, I could customize the whole Mimosa bar and create supplies that were exactly what I wanted.
How to Make DIY Mimosa Bar Decorations
I fell in love with some of the new Martha Stewart Weddings Digital Cartridge designs available and decided to incorporate them into my Mimosa Bar! All of the available Cricut Design Space Projects are linked below.
- DIY Paper Straw Flags – this straw flag is one of the new designs available, and I love how perfectly it fits my paper straws. I added a “Cheers” design with Iron On Vinyl.
I use my Cricut EasyPress for applying Iron On Vinyl to Paper because I can control the temperature – knowing the temperature of a regular iron is really difficult! I set the EasyPress at 250 degrees for 15 seconds and pressed the front and the backs of the straw flags. I love how they turned out.
Click to Make: DIY Mimosa Bar “Cheers!” Straw Flags
- DIY Ice Bucket – I used navy blue vinyl and cut out the “Pop!” design available in the same Martha Stewart Digital Cartridge – Wedding designs.
Click to See: Martha Stewart “Pop!” Design in Digital Cartridge
- DIY Mimosa Bar Carafes – I labeled all of the carafes with the Mimosa juice option cut out of white vinyl. I love the contrast of the white script lettering on the juice-filled carafe!
Click to Make: DIY Mimosa Bar Juice Carafe Labels
- DIY Mimosa Bar Banner – Instead of using a large Mimosa Bar sign or even a printable sign, I decided to cut a simple pennant banner out of Cricut cardstock that matched my color theme. I cut the “Mimosa Bar” letters out of white cardstock and applied them to the pennants using my Xyron Creative Station.
Click to Make: DIY Mimosa Bar Banner
- Large Paper Flowers – Probably my favorite part of this whole project was the large paper peonies! I’ve SO been wanting to make paper flowers for a backdrop! I found a gorgeous peony design and cut all of the pieces on my Cricut Explore Air 2. They take a little bit of time to cut and construct, but the final result is incredible!
I hope my Mimosa Bar inspires you to Make your Own Mimosa Bar!
Pin the DIY Mimosa Bar:
Check out a few of my Latest Posts:
- Harry Potter Spells Free SVG Cut Files
- Harry Potter Easy Painted Rocks Tutorial
- Amazon Prime Day 2019 Best Deals
- Free Tropical I’m On Island Time SVG Cut File
- Pineapple Crafts to Make with your Cricut and Silhouette
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.