The Kentucky Derby is a southern tradition with southern drinks, food, and of course – hats! Today I’m sharing a simple and delicious recipe: Berries with Bourbon Cream and Honey. It’s perfect for making a quick and easy dessert on a weeknight, but the splash of bourbon in the cream makes it a dessert perfect for the Kentucky Derby.
Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
Having a Kentucky Derby party is one of my favorite traditions, and even the kids have gotten into coming up with Kentucky Derby party ideas! I’ve also made some great drinks including Mint Julep Lemonade and Sweet Tea Mint Juleps, plus some awesome Mint Julep Jello Shots.
Healthy Berries and Cream Recipe
This recipe is really easy and the berries and biscuits can be made ahead so on the day of your Kentucky Derby party, you can just spoon it into small glass bowls or cups and you’re ready to go! These would be cute in mason jars or mint julep cups as well!
You can use any variety of berries you would like because they all taste great with the cream. I used a combination of strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries because that was what was fresh at the store. Although there are many healthy versions of Berries and Cream, this isn’t the most healthy. If you’d like to make a healthy version of this Berries and Cream recipe, eliminate the alcohol and the homemade biscuit. That will help eliminate some of the carbs – if you’d like to make the cream keto-friendly, eliminate the sugar that is used to macerate the berries and the honey drizzled on top.
Berries with Bourbon Cream and Honey
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries) plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- splash Kentucky bourbon
- honey, to taste
- mint leaves for garnish
- 4 small biscuits, baked before hand (optional)
- Slice strawberries. Mix berries in small bowl with sugar and let rest while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk cream on medium speed until stiff peaks have formed. Add a splash of bourbon and mix in. (You can also add a tablespoon of powdered sugar to the cream, but we prefer the cream unsweetened.)
- Place biscuits in the bottom of 4 small glass bowls or cups. Spoon about 1/2 cup of berries into each bowl.
- Top with cream and a few leftover berries. Drizzle with honey to taste and finish with a sprig of mint. It’s the Kentucky Derby after all!
You can easily multiply this recipe to serve as many guests as you need! It’s a really easy and tasty idea for Kentucky Derby party food!
Pin Easy Berries & Cream Recipe for Later:
More Easy Kentucky Derby Ideas
- Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
- Mint Julep Lemonade
- Sweet Tea Mint Juleps
- Mint Julep Jello Shots
- Easy Banana Bread with Jackson Morgan
- Personalized Kentucky Derby Invitation
- How to Upload SVG Files to Cricut Design Space
- Just Here for the Commercials Super Bowl SVG
- 100 Days of School Shirt – Countdown to Summer with Free SVG Files
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards to Color
- Valentine SVG Files for Cricut and Silhouette