Kentucky Derby Mint Julep Jello Shots
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
We recently shared our Kentucky Derby Party Ideas, and now that Derby day is approaching, we are sharing our recipes that we are making this year! For the adults, we are making a twist on the traditional Mint Julep – Mint Julep Jello Shots! They have all of the flavors of a Mint Julep but served in a fun way!
As a side note, did you notice those amazing Mint Julep spoons in the photo? Those are inherited spoons that a friend lent me, but oh my gosh I need to have a set!
Mint Julep Jello Shots
I used small glass cups to serve the jello shots, but I have a relatively large collection of them. You could easily use disposable plastic 2oz serving cups for easy clean up! They’re so much easier to serve at a Kentucky Derby party than actual Mint Juleps because you can make these the day before and then just set them out on a pretty tray the day of the party.
Here’s the recipe for the Mint Julep Jello Shots, and follow the blog until the Derby for more recipes!
Derby Mint Jello Shots
- 2 packets unflavored Knox brand gelatin
- 1/2 cup mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon
- Measure water into a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the top and let sit for about 5 minutes, while you gather your other ingredients.
- Add mint leaves and sugar and cook over medium heat until sugar and gelatin have dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove mint leaves. Add bourbon to liquid and stir to combine.
- Pour gelatin mixture into desired serving glasses (shot glasses, small plastic cups, etc.) Refrigerate until gelatin is set, preferably overnight. Garnish with mint leaves and serve cold.
More Mint Julep Recipes and Kentucky Derby Party Ideas:
- Mint Julep Lemonade Recipe
- Sweet Tea Mint Juleps Recipe
- Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
- Berries & Cream Recipe with Bourbon Cream
- 20+ DIY Earring Holder Ideas
- How to Blend Colors in Procreate
- 20+ DIY Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Mother’s Day Plant Marker with Birth Month Flowers
- 25+ Breakfast in Bed Recipes for Mother’s Day
Hi, y’all! I’m Charynn, the owner and designer of Pineapple Paper Co. I’m a mom of four kids (two girls and two boys) living in Pittsburgh. I love hand lettering, anything southern, cocktails, and of course, pineapples! I am excited to share my SVG files, printables, and craft projects with you! The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality, and I welcome y’all to my little corner of the internet. Read more…