Are you a fan of A Christmas Story? Ever wished for a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas? Make yourself a cute DIY Christmas Shirt with this You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out SVG and a Cricut, Silhouette, or other electronic cutting machine.
I have a few Christmas movies that I watch over and over every year: at the top of my list are Christmas Vacation, the Grinch, and A Christmas Story. They are classics! Some of my most popular FREE Christmas SVG files (Merry Grinchmas, You Serious Clark, and the BRAND NEW Stink Stank Stunk SVG Cut File) are inspired by those movies, so there must be lots of other people that love them too!
RELATED POST: DIY Retro Christmas Shirt Ideas
I’ve already gotten a couple of requests from family members to make them a Christmas Story shirt. Everyone knows the “You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out” quote! I’m hoping you like these Christmas shirts as much as I do. Head down to the GRAY DOWNLOAD BOX at the end of the post to download the Free Christmas Story Movie SVG.
Supplies You Need to Make a Christmas Story Shirt with a You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out SVG File
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Iron On Vinyl on Cricut | HTV from Expressions Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Regular Iron
- You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out SVG (Download in the gray box at the end of the post)
- Blank Shirt (here’s the Blank Dark Green Shirt I used from Amazon)
How to Make a DIY Christmas Story Shirt
You will need to upload the Free You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Christmas Story SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt or onesie.
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the vinyl goes DOWN on your mat. Weed away the extra vinyl. Iron on or use the EasyPress 2 to press the vinyl design onto the shirt. If you’re using the Cricut EasyPress, for recommendations based on your materials, you can check out the Cricut EasyPress Recommended Settings.
- xTool Screen Printer Review: Set Up, How to Use, and Free Designs
- DIY Personalized Family Christmas Ornament with a Laser
- DIY Taylor Swift Advent Calendar
- Free Printable Grinch Coloring Pages for Christmas
- How to Make a Simple Shaker Christmas Ornament with a Cricut
Download Christmas Story SVG FREE
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.