Download a FREE Monstera Mug Wrap SVG file that is PERFECT to use with the Cricut Mug Press! Plus, grab 12 MORE FREE mug wrap designs for all occasions!
Have you bought the new Cricut Mug Press? I swore I wasn’t going to buy one, but I just “happened” to be at Joann the day it launched and I couldn’t stop myself! I mean, I didn’t need another gadget in my craft room!
But GUYS, I absolutely love that little machine! I have been making mugs nonstop since I got it. I just designed this monstera mug wrap (are you shocked that I wanted a tropical print mug?) and I love it so much!
Not only have I designed and printed my own sublimation designs with the Epson inkjet printer I converted to sublimation, I have also made mugs with Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets. Before the mug press launched I made a mug in my oven with Infusible Ink pens, but the Mug Press is SO much easier!
RELATED POST: How to Make a Sublimation Tumbler
When my blogger friends and I realized how much we loved the Mug Press, we decided to share a whole set of FREE Mug Wrap SVG designs with you in a special edition of the Totally Free SVG Blog Hop!
Supplies You Need to Make an Infusible Ink Mug
You don’t need a sublimation printer to make amazing mugs – give Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets a try!
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Maker
- Cricut Mug Press
- Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets (similar pattern that is available)
- Search all Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets available on Cricut
- Cricut Infusible Ink Compatible Blank Mug
- Heat Resistant Tape
- Lint Roller or Lint Free Cloth
- Butcher Paper (comes in transfer sheet package)
- Free Mug Wrap SVG (available to download at the end of the post)
Get all 3 of my tropical mug wrap SVG files (all including 5 file types!) in my shop!
If you’re just learning to make your own sublimation mug, a mug wrap design covers nearly the entire surface of the mug.
It’s pretty standard for the area around the handle to be left blank, as it is difficult to wrap a design there. Plus, that is the area that is not covered by the Cricut Mug Press. Rest assured, though, because your mug will look incredibly professional when it’s all done!
How to Use a Mug Wrap Design with Cricut Design Space
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
The process for creating a mug design in Cricut Design Space is a unique process. There’s a few steps involved, but it’s totally worth it. Cricut has created a process to help you get a perfect mug every time and they have outlined all of the steps to create a design in a blog post. Plus, my friend Cori from Hey Let’s Make Stuff has a great mug wrap Design Space tutorial that I followed when I was getting started.
I designed the Monstera Tropical Leaf Mug Wrap SVG to fit a 15oz Cricut Infusible Ink Mug – just resize for other mugs!
For additional details on using the Cricut Mug Press, make sure you check out my Design Your Own Sublimation Mug post and YouTube video!
And after you’ve mastered mugs, try making your own sublimation tumbler! They are so much fun!
Links to All Mug Wrap SVG Posts
Visit each of these amazing blogs to find ALL of these SVG files to make your own DIY Infusible Ink and sublimation mugs! Follow their instructions to download. We all hope you love them!
- Bee Kind – The Country Chic Cottage
- Monstera Leaves – Pineapple Paper Company
- Home is Where the Dog Is/Dog Mama – Hello Creative Family
- Mermaid Scales – Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Drippy Mug – Happiness is Homemade
- Artist Supplies Mug Wrap – 100 Directions
- Sunflowers – Happy Go Lucky
- Crafting Scissors – See Lindsay
- Rainbows – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Weiner Dog – Crafting in the Rain
- You’re on Mute – Mad in Crafts
- Maybe Tomorrow Satan – 30 Minute Crafts
- Quilt Mug Design – Always Expect Moore
Download Free Tropical Print Mug Wrap SVG
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.