Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeItYourself #CollectiveBias #HomemadeBaking
If you’re looking for an easy Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe, you’re in the right place! This delicious taco pizza is made with homemade pizza crust and simple toppings that everyone will love!
My family loves pizza night, and although my littlest kids exclaim “just cheese!” every time it’s on the menu, my older kids’ favorite pizza is taco pizza! Known as either taco pizza or Mexican pizza, the pizza toppings are everything you’d expect on a taco: ground beef, cheese, taco sauce, lettuce, and tomatoes. And when you put the ingredients onto a homemade pizza crust, it’s even better!
Easy Homemade Pizza Crust for Taco Pizza
I love baking but don’t always have the time – there’s too much going on here, especially during the week. But that changed when I was introduced to Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast. I was able to make a homemade taco pizza in no time with their 30 Minute Pizza Crust Recipe!
Nothing tastes better than homemade, and by using Fleischmann’s® Yeast, I was able to make delicious pizza from scratch for my family. The kids couldn’t believe that I was making pizza dough from scratch and stayed in the kitchen to watch the whole process. And the end result was totally worth it! Using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast produced a high quality pizza dough and tasted great in such a short amount of time. It’s nothing like waiting for hours for dough to rise like in my Homemade King Cake recipe! I don’t think my kids will ever let me stop making homemade pizza dough.
Taco Pizza Recipe Homemade
Making taco pizza with the kids was a no-brainer. It’s one of their favorites and elevates pizza night above cheese and pepperoni. And, taco pizza is easily customized with a variety of toppings. I kept it really simple (I’m trying to please 4 kids over here) and topped my homemade pizza crust with:
- Taco Pizza Sauce
- Taco Seasoned Ground Beef
- Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
You can mix it up with any toppings you’d like! Other taco pizza topping ideas include:
- Tortilla Chips
- Black Olives, Sliced
- Mexican Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced Green Chiles
- Refried Beans
- Chicken, Steak, or Pork
Once you have your toppings picked out, it’s time to make the homemade pizza crust. Using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast is a must – the dough takes just a few minutes to mix, and then while it rests for a few minutes, you can prep your ground beef.
Homemade Pizza Dough with Yeast
Making pizza dough from scratch is actually REALLY easy. If you can mix a few ingredients in a bowl, I promise that you can handle this! My oldest daughter can’t wait to try making homemade pizza all on her own – that’s how easy it is!
Print the full easy Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe at the end of the post, and keep reading for tips on making your own pizza crust from scratch!
There are a couple of important things you need to remember about working with yeast:
- Check the expiration date on the yeast package. Expired yeast is often the reason for dough not rising.
- When mixing your dough, it is VERY IMPORTANT to use lukewarm water that is between 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit. It should not be hot to touch. The water needs to be warm enough for the yeast to work, but not hot enough to kill the yeast. If you have a thermometer to measure the water temperature, use it!
My Taco Pizza crust recipe is based on the 30-minute homemade pizza crust recipe available on Fleischmann’s® Bread World website. They have tons of recipes if you want to explore the world of baking with yeast. I am excited to try more recipes. With 150 years of experience, using Fleischmann’s® Yeast allows you to bake quality recipes you’ll be proud to share with everyone.
*Ground beef generally comes in 1 pound packages. 1 pound of ground beef is enough to use for TWO pizza crusts. I opted to make the pizza crust recipe TWICE, since I’m feeding 6 people. The recipe at the end of the post is for ONE pizza, but it’s just not enough for our big family!
Using Yeast to Make Homemade Pizza Crust for Mexican Taco Pizza
Making homemade pizza dough is absolutely worth the few minutes of mixing and kneading. The joy of making something from scratch from these simple ingredients is so fulfilling!
To make homemade pizza crust with Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast, first mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the warm water (NOT HOT – between 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit) and oil to the bowl. Mix until blended.
Gradually add the additional flour to the bowl and mix until the dough comes together and forms a ball. I find that using my hands is the easiest method!
Remove the dough from the bowl and knead on a floured surface for 4 minutes. This will help strengthen the gluten in the dough as well as make sure the dough is properly mixed.
After the 4 minutes is up, set the dough aside and let rest.
While your dough is resting, brown your ground beef in a large skillet and simmer with the water and taco seasoning. Set aside.
Move dough to a floured surface. You’ll notice after 10 minutes that the dough has already nearly doubled in size. That’s the kitchen magic of Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast!
Roll out the dough into a 12-14″ circle to fit your pizza pan.
Move dough to your pizza pan and pinch the edges to form the crust. Add the sauce, ground beef, and cheese. You’ll save your cold toppings (lettuce & tomatoes) after it’s done baking.
Take the pizza out of the oven when the crust is nicely browned. Add the additional taco toppings and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Even with the quick rising time, the crust came out perfectly!
- What is Procreate: iPad App Basics
- 60+ Easter Desserts to Make This Year
- 35+ Aesthetic App Icons & Icon Packs (iPhone & iPad)
- Cricut Maker vs. Cricut Maker 3: Which is the Best Machine for You?
- 10+ DIY Small Business Laser Crafts
Easy Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe
Homemade Taco Pizza
- Aluminum Pizza Pan, 12 inch
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 ¾ – 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120-130°F)
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
Taco Pizza Toppings
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 ½ tbsp taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup mild taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1 ½ cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Prep pizza pan by greasing it with oil or cooking spray.
Make the Pizza Dough
- Combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add very warm water (measure with a thermometer to 120-130°F) and oil and mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add more of the flour and mix until the dough forms into a ball and is slightly sticky.
- Remove from the bowl and place on a floured surface. Knead for 4 minutes. adding additional floour if necessary.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
Make Taco Meat
- Brown ground beef in in a large skillet. Add taco seasoning and water and stir to combine. Simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until sauce is formed and beef is fully cooked. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface until it is a 12-14 inch circle (or to fit pizza pan).
- Transfer to greased pizza pan and pinch around the edge to form crust.
- Mix taco sauce and pizza sauce in a small bowl. Spread evenly over crust.
- Top with ground beef and cheddar cheese.
- Bake on the lowest rack in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and add additional cold toppings (lettuce and tomato).
- Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese, if desired, and cut into slices. Serve while warm.
You definitely have to try making your own pizza crust! Whether you try my Taco pizza recipe or make your favorite pizza, Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast is a must! It takes all of the stress and time out of homemade pizza!
Hi, y’all! I’m Charynn, the owner and designer of Pineapple Paper Co. I’m a mom of four kids (two girls and two boys) living in Pittsburgh. I love hand lettering, anything southern, cocktails, and of course, pineapples! I am excited to share my SVG files, printables, and craft projects with you! The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality, and I welcome y’all to my little corner of the internet. Read more…