Whip up this quick Monster Halloween Snack Mix for a school treat or Halloween party! You only need a few ingredients to make it and you can download a FREE Printable Tag to put on pre-packaged snack mix bags!
My kids love making special treats for Halloween, and this year they want to package small bags for a few of their friends. We looked through my Halloween stash and came up with a SUPER easy idea with just a few items: Monster Mix!
The best part about this Halloween snack mix idea is that you can customize it however you’d like! Change the colors of chocolate, the ingredients to cereal or a combination of small treats, and the result is still tasty and a little spooky! They would be AMAZING mixed with Muddy Buddies mix, too!
The magic of this quick recipe is the sprinkle mix! I picked up this Halloween mix at Target and it contains sprinkles AND candy eyeballs! It’s perfect for making little monsters.
I have a little trick when it comes to using candy melts to cover pretzels or other snacks – after the candy is melted, add a tablespoon of vegetable shortening to your bowl and mix. The heat of the candy coating will melt the shortening and make the mixture thinner and easy to coat your snacks!
I like using a fork to dip the pretzels in the candy coating – then I just tap the fork on the edge and the excess candy falls through!
To make the Monster Snack Mix a cute little Halloween treat, my kids filled up small clear snack bags and we attached printable “Monster Mix” tags with orange ribbon. You can download the file below!
Download Monster Snack Mix Printable Tags
You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free printables available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. PDF and JPG files are included.
Monster Halloween Snack Mix Recipe
Monster Halloween Snack Mix
- 1 -2 cups each candy coating in Halloween colors (4 cups total)
- 1 small bag pretzels
- Halloween sprinkles and candy eyeballs
- vegetable shortening (as needed)
- Melt all of your candy coating according to the package instructions. To thin out the coating, use 1 tablespoon of vegetable shortening per bowl as needed.
- Dip each pretzel and cover with candy coating, tapping off the excess.
- Sprinkle with Halloween Sprinkles and add eyeballs to the pretzels to make your little monsters!
- Let cool on a rack or parchment paper. Then refrigerate for 5-10 mintues to harden.
- Place in a bowl or add to small clear snack bags to serve.