Do your kids always want to know how many days until Halloween? Grab your Cricut and your Xyron Creative Station and make this DIY Halloween Countdown Calendar to decorate for Halloween! Scroll down to get the Free Printable Halloween Calendar numbers!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and you can definitely tell by how many of my top posts are Halloween-themed! From a Hocus Pocus Halloween party, a poison spider cocktail, to ALL of my favorite Halloween SVG cut files, there’s something for every Halloween fan on my blog!
I came up with the idea for a Halloween Countdown and I love how it turned out! The printable calendar numbers are MAGNETIC, so my kids can easily change them everyday. If your kids love holiday advent calendars like mine do, making an easy Halloween advent calendar of sorts will be a big hit!
I’ve got a brief video of how I made the calendar, and the whole tutorial is below!
What You Need to Make a Countdown to Halloween Calendar
Supplies/sizes can vary here, but here’s all of the supplies you’ll need to make this Halloween calendar!
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Adhesive Vinyl from Expressions Vinyl | Cricut
- Transfer Paper
Buy on Amazon | Cricut
- Metal Craft Sign (I had mine in my craft supply stash – here’s a magnetic chalkboard sign on Amazon that I think would be adorable!)
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with Laminate & Magnetic Refill Cartridge
- Paper Trimmer (this is the one I use ALL of the time)
- Printable Halloween Countdown Calendar Numbers (Download at the end of the post)
- Halloween Paper I used to make the small banner
How to Make a Countdown Until Halloween Calendar Sign
The first step to this project is to cut the “days until Halloween” design out of vinyl using your electronic cutting machine. I designed it in Cricut Design Space – here’s the link to my canvas: (if you are a Silhouette Cameo user, let me know and I’ll get the design to you!)
Open the file, and size it to fit your sign. Cut design from adhesive vinyl.
*Pro Tip: I like to put a white shape the size of my finished project behind the design I’m working on so I get the sizing right!
Weed away extra vinyl and use transfer tape to move your design from the backing sheet to your project. Use a scraper over the design several times to make sure the adhesive vinyl is stuck to the metal before removing the transfer paper.
Now it’s time for the calendar numbers. Download the FREE Printable Halloween Countdown numbers at the end of the post and print them all out.
Using the paper trimmer, cut out all of the numbers (and jack o’ lanterns, if you would like to use those).
Load the laminate/magnetic cartridge into the Creative Station. The printable calendar numbers were designed to JUST fit lengthwise (they are 5″ tall) into the Creative Station Lite to reduce product waste, which is an added bonus! Use the handle to roll each of the numbers through the machine. Slice off after each number, and trim the edges with your paper trimmer.
You can use the sign as is to countdown to Halloween, or you can add a small paper banner for decoration if you would like!
Download Printable Halloween Countdown Calendar Numbers
Upon entering your information in the gray pop-up box below, a “Download” button will appear. Click the button and the Printable Halloween Calendar Numbers (.zip file) will download instantly. You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free Halloween printable calendar number files available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
- DIY Wooden Halloween Sign with Free SVG File for Glowforge and Cricut
- 15 Pumpkin Desserts that are Perfect for Fall
- Harry Potter Pencil Bag with FREE Sublimation File
- Free Sanderson Sisters SVG File
- Free Y’all Come Eat SVG File for Kitchen Cricut Crafts