Are you prepping for Mardi Gras?! Download this “Let the Good Times Roll” FREE SVG File to make DIY Mardi Gras Shirts and Mardi Gras Outfits with your Cricut!
DIY Mardi Gras Shirt Idea
Mardi Gras is a great holiday to make shirts for – there are always great parties to attend! I love the New Orleans and Mardi Gras motto “Let the Good Times Roll” and it reminds me of my visits to New Orleans. I’ve even used the French version “Laissez les bon temps rouler” for Mardi Gras decor!
Related Post: FREE Mardi Gras Printable Poster
To celebrate Mardi Gras, I made a DIY Mardi Gras Shirt using my Cricut machine and Iron On Vinyl! There are a ton of great Mardi Gras Shirt Ideas out there that you can make yourself. How do you make your own shirt? A Cricut cutting machine! If you don’t have a Cricut or other cutting machine, now is a great time to buy one! They are SO easy to use, and with the addition of the Cricut Easy Press, this shirt can be completed in just a few minutes!
If you’re making a Mardi Gras shirt or outfit, make sure you check out the rest of my Mardi Gras SVG Files!
What do you need to make Mardi Gras Shirts?
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Iron On Vinyl on Cricut | HTV from Expressions Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Regular Iron
- Let the Good Times Roll SVG (Download in the gray box at the end of the post)
- Blank Shirt (here’s the Blank Purple Shirt I used from Amazon)
Instructions for DIY Mardi Gras SHIRT using a FREE SVG
Need to know How to Upload a Design into Cricut Design Space? Check out this post that is all about uploading a file into Design Space!
Upload the Free Let the Good Times Roll SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt or onesie. Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the vinyl goes DOWN on your mat. Weed away the extra vinyl.
Press the design onto the shirt using the Cricut EasyPress 2. If you need to know what the proper settings are for the EasyPress, you can check out the EasyPress Recommended Settings guide on the Cricut website.
- xTool Screen Printer Review: Set Up, How to Use, and Free Designs
- DIY Personalized Family Christmas Ornament with a Laser
- DIY Taylor Swift Advent Calendar
- Free Printable Grinch Coloring Pages for Christmas
- How to Make a Simple Shaker Christmas Ornament with a Cricut
DOWNLOAD THE FREE “LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL” Mardi Gras SVG
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.