10 Ways You Can Use Your Cricut Maker to Make your own Party Supplies
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Do you have a Cricut Maker? If you’re planning a party, you will love these DIY Party Supplies that you can make with the Cricut Maker!
This week we’ve shared a couple of new party ideas that you can make with your Cricut Maker–the DIY Watermelon Banner using the Cricut Scoring Wheel and the DIY Cake Stand using the Cricut Knife Blade.
Since we love using our Cricut Maker to create party ideas, we decided to share the 10 BEST ways you can use your Cricut Maker to plan your next party by making Cricut birthday party decorations.
Seriously, the Cricut Maker makes it SO easy to create custom DIY party decorations that are professional looking and Pinterest-worthy! Between the DIY Cricut Birthday Decor ideas we’ve designed and the awesome projects we’ve found from our blogger friends, you’ll be crafting your next party in no time!
The Cricut Maker is Cricut’s newest machine and is the ultimate in cutting performance and versatility. With the Maker you are able to cut 100s of materials, from fine crepe paper to leather and chipboard–with that kind of versatility, the projects you can create are endless!
One of the things that we love about the Cricut Maker is the Adaptive Tool System, allowing Cricut to introduce tools like the Rotary Blade, Knife Blade and Scoring Wheel, as well as expand into other tools in the future.
Using the easy-to-learn Cricut Design Space, you can create Make It Now projects to have a birthday party decoration ready to craft, or you can use the program to design your own custom birthday decorations!
10 Ways you can use your Cricut Maker to make birthday decorations for your next party!
- My new favorite project, I designed and created my very own DIY Cake Stand using Cricut Chipboard and the Cricut Knife Blade–find out how to make yours in this DIY tutorial post.
The Cricut Knife Blade is a total game changer. It can cut thicker materials up to 2.4mm, including Cricut Chipboard. The Knife Blade cut the cake stand out of Cricut Chipboard with ease, and in just a few minutes. Being able to design custom cake stands is such a great way to customize a dessert table!
2. I also created a DIY Watermelon Banner using the new Scoring Wheel, which created razor-sharp creases in the card stock so I didn’t have to fight with folding the rosettes! How cute are they? See this post for the DIY Watermelon Banner tutorial.
I was able to craft the Watermelon Birthday Banner with just a few colors of Cricut cardstock. Check out my FAVORITE Watermelon Party Ideas for this Summer!
Some of our favorite bloggers also created Cricut birthday decorations – keep reading for more DIY Party Supplies made with the Cricut!
Cricut Birthday Decorations
3. Printable Crush used the Knife Blade to create this adorable cake topper for her Palm Springs party–we just love how creative this whole party is! She combined Cricut cardstock and Cricut chipboard to create the unique design:
4. Creative favor boxes is on our to-do list for our next party. Beth froms Kingston Crafts crafted these adorable pyramid gift boxes with Cricut leather initial tags to create custom gifts for each of her guests. They really show how versatile the Maker really is!
5. Kim from The Celebration Shoppe also made a cake topper, but using a really trendy script design for her ice cream party. Script cake toppers are really expensive, so being able to create a custom one for your next party is a money-saving idea. And, it’s made from Cricut Chipboard, so it’s really stable, even with the small details.
6. Wood signs are all the rage right now–how about creating an OVERSIZE one using your Cricut Maker and Knife Blade for your next party? Whipperberry shows you how to do just that in her Soda Shop party post. Creating something larger than the size of the Cricut mat is one of the many things that let you take your Cricut crafting to the next level.
7. We can’t get enough Llamas! Giggles Galore used the Maker’s ability to cut TONS of fabric materials without backing to create this banner for her party:
How to Make Party Decorations with Cricut
8. Jess from Everyday Party Magazine used a lantern design from Design Space to make these DIY Buoys out of card stock using the Scoring Wheel. What a creative idea–and it is a good example of how you are only limited by your imagination with the Cricut Maker!
9. Have a little one celebrating a birthday? The Cricut Maker is not only good at cutting fabric and wood, but is perfect for cutting Vinyl, Iron-On and other materials to create a custom birthday outfit like this Always Be A Mermaid shirt:
10. If you’re planning a casual outdoor party or bachelorette party, wouldn’t custom can koozies be an awesome addition? We made these in just a few minutes with Cricut Iron-On:
There you have it! The 10 Best DIY Cricut Party Ideas to Create with your Cricut Maker! We hope these ideas inspire you to create your own Cricut birthday decorations!
For more Cricut ideas, check out the Pineapple Paper Co. PINTEREST PAGE! We have loads of Cricut Project Ideas for you to pin!
LOOKING FOR MORE PARTY IDEAS? I THINK YOU’LL LOVE THESE POSTS:
Magical Unicorn Birthday Party with Martha Stewart, Cricut, and Michaels
DIY Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas with Cricut
Host an Outdoor Party with Martha Stewart, Cricut, and Michaels
Flamingo and Pineapple First Birthday Party Ideas
Dinosaur Birthday Party with Martha Stewart, Cricut, and Michaels
American Girl Birthday Party Ideas
The Best Mermaid Birthday Party Ideas
Hi, y’all! I’m Charynn, the owner and designer of Pineapple Paper Co. I’m a mom of four kids (two girls and two boys) living in Pittsburgh. I love hand lettering, anything southern, cocktails, and of course, pineapples! I am excited to share my SVG files, printables, and craft projects with you! The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality, and I welcome y’all to my little corner of the internet. Read more…
Thanks so much for including my Ice Cream Cake Topper in your roundup! 🙂 LOVE the watermelon banner!