Make easy glitter ornaments that are perfect for any holiday – but are super cute for Valentine’s Day! Get the FREE SVG File to make these Valentine ornaments, plus find out the glue I used to make this the EASIEST DIY ornament you’ll ever make!
Who would have thought that Valentine’s Day trees would be a thing? I have decorated a Halloween tree before, but never even thought about a Valentine tree! I have to admit that the “tree for every holiday” is a trend that I’m happy to get behind. I love how you can change a tree to suit any holiday or season!
I’m planning a small white tree (like this white tinsel tree from Amazon) for each of my daughter’s bedrooms, before I take the leap into decorating a larger one in our main living space. I immediately thought of the SUPER easy DIY glitter ornaments that I made for Christmas, but wanted to give them a Valentine’s Day makeover.
If you’re looking for the Free Valentine Ornament SVG – head to the gray box at the end of the post. You can easily use this Valentine SVG for other applications – like shirts, mugs, cards, and more.
Supplies to Make Glitter Valentine Ornaments DIY
- Clear Plastic Ornaments – the flat ones work best for applying vinyl.
- Glitter – Extra Fine works best, but I’ve tried chunkier glitter with success, too.
- Beacon Adhesives Glitter-It!
- Cricut Machine
- Cricut Standard or LightGrip Cutting Mat
- White Adhesive Vinyl
- Transfer Paper
Making glitter ornaments is one of the EASIEST crafts I’ve ever done – I was really excited to make some for a different holiday!
How to Make DIY Valentine Ornaments with Glitter
I have a quick video showing you how I made the ornaments! Check it out here or on my YouTube channel – or keep reading for the step by step tutorial!
This project is as simple as it gets – the instructions for this DIY are right on the Glitter-It! packaging. Here are the step by step instructions, plus my tips for making glitter ornaments:
- Remove the top of the ornament (where the hook attaches).
- Wash the interior of the ornament with a white vinegar/water mixture. Rinse and let dry completely. (I’ve honestly forgotten this step, and it turned out okay. But I’m a rule follower, so I try to do it!)
- Pour a small amount of Glitter-It! into the ornament and swirl around to completely coat the ornament. It is much more water-like than typical glue, so don’t be surprised by the consistency.
- As you swirl the adhesive towards the top of the ornament, drain it back into the bottle and drain for 10-20 seconds.
- Sprinkle glitter into the ornament and swirl around (or shake lightly if necessary) to cover the whole ornament in glitter.
- Save excess glitter (I pour it right back into the container or bag it came from)
- Let dry. If you missed any spots, you can repeat the process above!
How to Apply Vinyl to the Valentine Glitter Ornaments
Upload the Free Be Mine and XOXO SVG file (you can download it in the gray box at the end of the post!) to your cutting machine software. The file comes with 4 designs ready to cut – you can copy and paste for as many ornaments as you’d like to make. Size the designs to fit your ornaments. Apply vinyl to cutting mat, and cut when ready. Weed away the extra vinyl. Use transfer tape to move the designs to the ornaments. Apply to the ornament starting in the center of the design and working your way towards the edges, flattening it as you go.
It’s like magic! You’ll want to make ALL of the ornaments using Glitter-It! and vinyl. Plus Glitter-It! works for other glass decor, too. You can glitter everything!
- Free Valentine Word Search
- Free Valentine’s Day Icons for iPhone
- Cricut Pantry Labels SVG
- Free Heart SVG Bundle
- Free Marble iPhone Wallpaper
Download Free Valentine Ornament SVG File
In the gray box below, click to agree to the terms and then enter your information in the box that appears. Click the “Download” buttons and the Valentine Ornament SVG (.zip file) will download instantly. You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free SVG files available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. SVG and JPG files are included to use with Cricut Design Space & Silhouette Studio. Upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio can import SVG files.