Do you need a cheap and easy printable Valentine’s Day card idea for your kid? Download and print a Free Tic Tac Toe Valentine’s Day printable card! Pair with small candies or game pieces for a fun, interactive, and inexpensive Valentine’s Day card!
Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines
Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it, and I have a super cute and fun printable activity that is perfect for Valentine’s Day parties at school!
I always try to come up with an easy Valentine’s Day printable card for my kids to use. I really hate going to a big box store to get valentines that come in a box. In recent years, here are some that I have made (you can download all the free printable valentines!)
- Encanto Printable Valentines
- Bluey Valentine Printables
- Printable Harry Potter Valentines
- Dinosaur Valentine Cards
- Fruit Themed Valentines (to pair with a snack)
- Coloring Page Printable Valentine’s Day Card
- Unicorn Valentines
This year, I made a sweet little printable tic tac toe game that can be printed and cut just like regular valentine cards. They are perfect for kids to exchange at school! You can leave them as is for kids to complete the game with a pencil, or pair with favorite candies so they can play Valentine Tic Tac Toe over and over! You can download it for free at the bottom of the post.
These printable tic tac toe games aren’t just for busy moms! They are also perfect for teachers to download – you can easily print them for classroom valentines for a simple game or teacher gift.
Print Valentine’s Day Tic Tac Toe Cards
The first step is to print out as many cute valentine cards as you need! My printable tic tac toe game is 4×5″ and can be printed as 4 games on every sheet of 8.5×11″ printer paper. I have included the individual game as well as the printable sheet in the download.
Here’s the craft printer that I use and recommend with all of my new printables: Canon 12×12″ InkJet Printer. It prints borderless so that your printables go the whole way to the edge of the paper (no white edge in full sheet prints)!
I recommend printing on white cardstock paper so that the game is sturdy and more durable than plain printer paper. A paper trimmer or cutter will help you achieve clean edges for a polished look.
Another option would be to print on regular paper and then laminate each card. It is a great way to protect the card for repeat play! Then your child can use dry-erase markers to write sweet messages or draw cute doodles on the cards. Kids can use the markers then wipe it down at the end of the game clean to play multiple rounds, making the cards a fun and reusable Valentine’s Day treat.
Game Pieces for Tic Tac Toe Valentines
I think that the card is so cute when gifted with a small bag of candy – conversation hearts, Valentine’s Day M&Ms, sweet tarts, tic tacs, or gummies work well. Just make sure there are at least 2 colors for game play.
Some schools no longer allow candy valentines, so here are some other options that I think would work perfectly! This goes without saying, but make sure you pick something that is age-appropriate for the kids. No choking hazards!
- Heart Shaped Stickers in different colors and sizes. Kids can stick them onto the Tic Tac Toe boards to mark their moves. This adds a tactile and decorative element to the game.
- Small Buttons: Collect colorful and small buttons to serve as game pieces. Buttons with heart shapes or Valentine’s Day-themed designs can add a charming touch to the Tic Tac Toe boards.
- Miniature Erasers: Explore the stationery aisle or dollar store for miniature erasers shaped like hearts, animals, or other fun characters. These can be both functional and adorable game pieces.
- Beads or Pony Beads: Kids can place beads on the Tic Tac Toe cards, and then can make friendship bracelets with them too!
- Colored Pom-Poms would be a fun, colorful, and fuzzy addition to the game!
- Laminated Shapes: Cut out heart shapes from colored paper, laminate them, and use them as reusable game pieces.
- Felt Shapes: cut out heart shapes from colored felt (foam heart shapes would work great too!) to create a set of soft and durable game pieces.
- Valentine’s Day-themed Charms: visit your local craft or dollar store to find Valentine’s Day-themed charms, such as cupid arrows or hearts.
How to Package the Tic Tac Toe Valentine Card
If you’re feeling extra creative, consider making tags with a cute message or your child’s name for the top of the bag.
Using cellophane bags not only makes the valentines day cards more appealing but also provides an easy way to secure the game pieces.
Download Free Tic Tac Toe Valentines Printable
You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free printables available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. PDF and JPG files are included. Commercial use or redistribution is not permitted.
Spread the love and share this fun Valentine’s Day idea with your friends by pinning these Valentines tic tac toe cards to your favorite Valentine’s Day board on Pinterest! Happy Valentine’s Day!