Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese Bits are a great snack for tailgate parties and Super Bowl parties! This recipe combines two of my favorite things: jalapeño poppers and macaroni and cheese. There’s just something about homemade macaroni and cheese, too. I can’t get enough!
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Super Bowl Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese Bites Recipe
Perfect for watching the Super Bowl this weekend, or any gathering for that matter, these will be the hit of the party!
Jalapeno Popper Mac N' Cheese Bites
For the Macaroni & Cheese:
- 12 oz elbow macaroni
- 5 oz jalapeno flavored cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning (we used Paula Deen's House Seasoning)
For the Crust:
- 2 cups Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
For the Topping:
- 1 jalapeno (very thinly sliced)
- hot sauce (as desired)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Spray 2 (24 count) mini muffin trays with non-stick cooking spray.
Make the Crust:
- Start by melting the butter in the microwave in a microwave-safe, medium sized bowl. Add in the crushed crackers and cheddar cheese and mix to throughly combine.
- Spoon about 1-1 1/2 teaspoons of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Press down either with your fingers or a tassie cup press, making sure it comes up the sides of the cup a little bit (this makes them pop out easier when you're done).
Make the Macaroni & Cheese:
- Boil a large pot of water and add the macaroni. Cook until al dente (don't over cook the pasta!) Drain in a colander and return to the pot.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, butter, eggs, milk, sour cream, and house seasoning and stir until smooth and all of the cheese is melted.
- Fill each muffin cup with macaroni. Bake in the preheated over for 15 minutes, or until macaroni looks set and is bubbling slightly.
- Let cool on the counter for at least 10-15 minutes, then loosen the edges of each cup with a knife to make getting them out easier. Top each macaroni and cheese bite with a slice of jalapeño and a dot of hot sauce, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from one of our favorite macaroni and cheese recipes: Old House to New Home
NEED MORE INSPIRATION FOR THE BIG GAME? CHECK OUT THESE POSTS: