Ralphie gets an bitter reminder to drink his Ovaltine in A Christmas Story! Here’s a better recipe for A Christmas Story drink — an Ovaltine Martini, or as I like to call it, an Ovaltini!
A Christmas Story Ovaltine Drink
You’ll love this spin on a classic Christmas-time cocktail that is inspired by A Christmas Story. Head to the bottom of the post for the recipe!
It’s pretty clear that I have have an obsession with Christmas movies! I’ve created Christmas SVGs to celebrate some of my favorites, including:
and, of course, You’ll Shoot your Eye Out from A Christmas Story.
Growing up, A Christmas Story was one of my family’s favorite movies and we would watch it multiple times over the course of the Christmas season. As an adult, I still watch it at least once every year and we definitely watch it during the 24 hour Christmas Day marathon!
Make sure you check out these other A Christmas Story related posts over at Hey Let’s Make Stuff:
One of my favorite parts of the movie is when Ralphie locks himself in the bathroom to decode the “secret message” and finds out that it’s a commercial for Ovaltine! “Be sure to drink your Ovaltine” makes me laugh every time.
- Free Aloha Baby SVG
- DIY Coaster Ideas
- Free Fireworks SVG File
- Printable 4th of July Patriotic Stickers
- Let’s Get Lit SVG for the 4th of July
I came up with an adult version of A Christmas Story drink that is perfect for sipping while you’re watching the movie!
A Christmas Story Ovaltini Drink Recipe
This “Ovaltini” is a twist on a White Russian, which is a combination of Kahlua, Cream, and Vodka. I gave this movie inspired cocktail a festive spin by adding some Ovaltine (you can buy Ovaltine on Amazon!). I also used it to rim the glass.
Does Ovaltine make this A Christmas Story cocktail healthy? I’m going with it 🙂 I double dog dare you to try it!
A Christmas Story Drink – Ovaltine Martini (“Ovaltini”)
- 1 part Kahlua
- 2 parts Vodka
- 1 part heavy cream
- 1 pinch Ovaltine plus more for garnish
- Moisten the rim of a martini glass with honey. Place some Ovaltine on a plate or in a glass rimmer. Turn the glass upside down and turn in the Ovaltine, rimming the glass.
- Combine the Kahlua and vodka in the glass.
- Carefully pour the cream on top. If you'd like to try and layer the cream, pour it over the back of a spoon.
- Add a large pinch of Ovaltine and enjoy!
And remember—Be Sure to Drink your Ovaltine!