Make yourself a Cinco de Mayo shirt or cup with your Cricut machine and this FREE Cinco de Mayo SVG file. It’s time to get your fiesta on!
Even if you’re just celebrating at home this year with homemade Mexican food or take out tacos, make yourself a shirt to bring the party inside! We usually celebrate Cinco de Mayo at a local Mexican restaurant that throws a big party – or by ordering takeout when the kids were little – but this year is going to look a little different.
We plan on making a big batch of simple frozen margaritas, some street tacos, and my oldest daughter and I are going to make our own Cinco de Mayo shirts and/or cups (she gets a virgin margarita in hers, of course).
Last year we used my Just Here for the Tacos Free SVG file to make shirts, but this year we wanted something simple! I hand lettered the “Cinco de Mayo” script and I think it will be perfect for shirts, cups, or party decorations.
Don’t Miss: Cinco de Mayo SVG Bundle on SUPER SALE!
If you’d like to make yourself a Cinco de Mayo shirt with this Free SVG file – here are my favorite supplies.
DIY Cinco de Mayo Shirt Supplies
- Cutting Machine (Shop machines at Cricut – there’s some big sales going on!)
- Iron On Vinyl on Cricut | HTV from Expressions Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Regular Iron
- SVG (Download in the gray box at the end of the post)
- Blank Shirt (here’s a Blank Coral Shirt similar to the one I used on Amazon)
How to Make a Cinco de Mayo Shirt with a Free SVG
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Upload the Free SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt. Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the HTV goes DOWN on your mat. Weed away the extra vinyl. For best results, use an EasyPress or Heat Press to press the vinyl design onto the shirt.
If you’re using the Cricut EasyPress, for recommendations based on your materials, you can check out the Cricut EasyPress Recommended Settings.
- xTool Screen Printer Review: Set Up, How to Use, and Free Designs
- DIY Personalized Family Christmas Ornament with a Laser
- DIY Taylor Swift Advent Calendar
- Free Printable Grinch Coloring Pages for Christmas
- How to Make a Simple Shaker Christmas Ornament with a Cricut
Download FREE Cinco de Mayo SVG Cut File
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.