Easy Chalkboard Ornaments DIY
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Make your own DIY Chalkboard Ornaments with SVG Cut Files that you can use to cut vinyl with your Cricut or Silhouette Machine. Download the files to make easy DIY Hand Lettered Ornaments that will look great with your farmhouse Christmas decor and ornaments!
Have you tried making your own ornaments with your cutting machine yet? It’s SO easy, and allows you to create custom ornaments to match your Christmas decor. I created these chalkboard ornaments to go on my farmhouse inspired Christmas tree (yes, I have themed trees!) and I’m sharing the cut files so you can make your own!
RELATED POST: Free Christmas Trees SVG and Sublimation File
Even if you don’t love farmhouse Christmas decorations like I do, you can use the SVG files to make any kind of ornaments or other Christmas decor! Maybe try them on some DIY Glitter Ornaments that are so sparkly and easy to make.
Making Christmas ornaments is one of my FAVORITE holiday crafts to make with my Cricut, and I have other DIY ornaments you can try:
- DIY Gingerbread Man Ornament
- Glitter Letter Christmas Ornament
- Farmhouse Christmas Ornaments with the Cricut Maker
- DIY Santa’s List Ornament
- Modern Black and White Ornaments with Martha Stewart and Cricut
- Easiest Way to Make DIY Glitter Ornaments
Plus, grab 25 ORNAMENT SVG FILES at a HUGE Discount (4 Bundles PLUS a FREE BONUS!):
What you Need to make DIY Chalkboard Ornaments
Making Chalkboard Ornaments with your electronic cutting machine only requires a few craft supplies – if you have some extra ornaments laying around, you probably already have everything you need!
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Adhesive Vinyl from Cricut | Vinyl from Expressions Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Hand Lettered Ornaments SVG (Download in the gray box at the end of the post)
- Blank Chalkboard Ornaments from Amazon. I had some 3D ones on hand, but these flat ones would be perfect as well!
How to Make DIY Chalkboard Ornaments
Upload the Chalkboard Ornaments SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your ornaments.
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Cut when ready, and weed away the extra vinyl. Use transfer tape to move the vinyl from the backing to the ornaments. If you need more tips and tricks to get the best results when applying vinyl to Christmas ornaments, check out this post from Hey Let’s Make Stuff.
- What is Procreate: iPad App Basics
- 60+ Easter Desserts to Make This Year
- 35+ Aesthetic App Icons & Icon Packs (iPhone & iPad)
- Cricut Maker vs. Cricut Maker 3: Which is the Best Machine for You?
- 10+ DIY Small Business Laser Crafts
Download Chalkboard Ornaments SVG File
This file is DOWNLOAD #102 in my FREE DOWNLOADS LIBRARY.
Get the password below! (If you have the password, head over to the library to download the file.
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.
Hi, y’all! I’m Charynn, the owner and designer of Pineapple Paper Co. I’m a mom of four kids (two girls and two boys) living in Pittsburgh. I love hand lettering, anything southern, cocktails, and of course, pineapples! I am excited to share my SVG files, printables, and craft projects with you! The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality, and I welcome y’all to my little corner of the internet. Read more…
The last few times I’ve tried to download files from your posts the email box won’t pop up, but the download button still turns green but then takes me to a page that says “invalid download link”!
Just sent the file to everyone! Sorry for the weird download link error. Merry Christmas!
I go to download and I agree to the terms and click the download link and it pops up with this….
— Invalid download link —