I am so excited to introduce y’all to a great way to use my hand lettered SVG files – screen printing! Today I am partnering with another blog to share TWO brand new Free Mother’s Day SVG Files. These files are perfect for making DIY Mother’s Day shirts and DIY Mother’s Day Gifts!
How to use SVG Files for Screenprinting
I’m thrilled to be teaming up today with Jennifer from Pigskins and Pigtails. She is incredibly crafty and I love how she uses craft vinyl to make screen printed shirts! Are you curious as to how she uses SVG Files for screen printing? Jennifer has a really great Beginner’s Guide for Screen Printing with Craft Vinyl!
If you’re making multiple shirts of the same design, screen printing is a great option. I can’t wait to try it! Jennifer makes it look so easy. She used her amazing screen printing methods to make adorable shirts that say “I Get it From My Mama.”
What Do You Need to Make DIY Mother’s Day Shirts
If you’re going to make a DIY Mother’s Day Shirt with your Cricut or Silhouette Cutting Machine, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Iron On Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Regular Iron
- Ask Your Dad or I Get it From My Mama SVG Files (Download at the end of the post)
- Blank Shirt (here’s the light blue shirt I used from Amazon)
How to Make a DIY Mother’s Day Shirt
Upload your SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt. Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the vinyl goes DOWN on your mat. Weed away the extra vinyl. Iron on or use the EasyPress 2 to press the vinyl design onto the shirt. If you’re using the Cricut EasyPress, for recommendations based on your materials, you can check out the Cricut EasyPress Recommended Settings.
More Mother’s Day Ideas:
- Because I Said So Free SVG + DIY Wooden Sign Tutorial
- DIY Personalized Gift Ideas with your Cricut
- DIY Mimosa Bar with Martha Stewart and Cricut
- DIY Mother’s Day Mug
Download Free Mother’s Day SVG Cut Files
Upon entering your information, a “Download” button will appear. Click button and file (.zip) will download instantly. You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free SVG files available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. If you would like to use them for shirts or crafts to sell, please purchase our Commercial Use License.
**To download the FREE “I Get It From My Mama” Mother’s Day SVG, be sure to visit Jennifer over at Pigskins & Pigtails!**
See My Latest Posts:
- Easy Halloween Banner Printable
- Cricut Halloween Project Ideas
- Trick or Treat Y’all Free Halloween SVG
- Free Planner Stickers for Fall
- Best Free Printable Halloween Party Games