Download a FREE Make Waves Mermaid SVG! Make a shirt, mug, tumbler, or tote with a Cricut or Silhouette machine. If you love mermaids, you’ll love this simple but inspirational mermaid quote SVG!
If you or your kids love mermaids, you’ll love my newest free SVG files! Make Waves is a simple reminder to be yourself and that it’s ok to stand out – just like a mermaid! Download the file and use with your electronic cutting machine or even as a printable design to add to cards and decor.
This Free Mermaid themed SVG is perfect if you’re headed to the beach this summer, too! You can use it with multiple colors of iron on vinyl or as a sublimation pattern. It would be adorable in a mermaid pattern!
Supplies to Use with Mermaid SVG File
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon | Cricut | Michaels)
- Adhesive Vinyl from Cricut | Expressions Vinyl | Michaels | Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Transfer Tape from Amazon | Cricut | Expressions Vinyl | Michaels | Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Iron On Vinyl (HTV) from Cricut | Expressions Vinyl | Michaels | Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Cricut EasyPress from Cricut | Michaels or Heat Press from Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Infusible Ink Sheets for Sublimation Projects at Cricut | Michaels
- Cricut Mug Press (if you’re using Infusible Ink, it’s a must own!)
- Printable Vinyl is what I recommend for Stickers from Michaels | Expressions Vinyl
- 12×12″ Craft Printer for Print the Cut Projects
- SVG (Download in the gray box at the end of the post)
RELATED POST: Amazing Mermaid Birthday Cake Ideas
How to Make a Mermaid Shirt or Tote Bag with a Free SVG File
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Upload the Free SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt. Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the HTV goes DOWN on your mat. Weed away the extra vinyl. For best results, use an EasyPress or Heat Press to press the vinyl design onto the shirt.
If you’re using the Cricut EasyPress, for recommendations based on your materials, you can check out the Cricut EasyPress Recommended Settings.
The instructions for making a Mermaid tote are the exact same! Just size the design to fit your tote bag.
- 100th Day of School Shirts to Make This Year
- 25+ Valentine’s Day Crafts to Make with an xTool Laser Machine
- Make a Laser Cut Valentine Card
- Glowforge vs. xTool: Which One Should You Buy?
- 10+ Christmas Crafts To Make With a xTool Laser Machine
Download Free Mermaid Make Waves SVG File
In the gray box below, click to agree to the terms and then enter your information in the box that appears. Click the “Download” buttons and the SVG (.zip file) will download instantly. You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free SVG files available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. SVG and JPG files are included to use with Cricut Design Space and Silhouette Studio. Upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio can upload SVG files.