Make an St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold craft with this EASY tutorial! A Pot o’ Gold is the perfect party favor or class treat that you can fill with candy or small items. Make one for your little leprechaun with just a few supplies and a few minutes!
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and I’m always looking for easy DIY ideas and crafts, especially for my preschoolers. This Pot of Gold craft made with a simple clay pot is perfect if you need a last minute treat for school or for a St. Patrick’s Day party. The kids will love them!
This week for National Craft Week, I’m sharing tutorials every day with my blogging friends – along with a crafty giveaway! Today’s CRAFTWEEK post is sponsored by Darice. Make sure to stop by my Instagram and scroll down to the end of the post to see all of the other crafts in today’s blog hop!
Related Posts: St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
St. Patrick’s Day Pot o’ Gold Supplies
You’ll need just a few supplies to make each pot. You can decide what you want to fill it with – so be creative!
- Small DIY Clay Pot
- Green Craft Paint
- Gold Craft Paint
- Felt Shamrock Stickers (in whatever color you would like!)
- Items to Fill each Pot of Gold – I used DIY Gold Coins and rainbow candy straws.
How to Make your Own Pot of Gold Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
Start by painting the bottom of the pot green and let dry.
Paint the rim of the pot gold, using two coats to fully cover. Let dry between coats of paint.
Once the pot is completely dry, add the felt sticker or other decoration to the front of the pot.
Now is your chance to fill the pot of gold. I decided to use these gold coins from my Leprechaun trap that I made with my Cricut maker. They are great for preschoolers – my youngest daughter loves using the coins with her toy cash register or just keeping them in her dress up purse.
For the rainbow, I used sour candy straws. Depending on the size of the clay pot you use, you may have to cut the candy to length. I was able to gather one of each of the colors and just bend them and stick them down the edges of the pot.
At this point, you’re done! You can either leave them as is for display at a party or place them in a small clear favor bag for gifting as a party favor.
If you’d like to see all of the crafts my blogger friends are making, check out the following links:
- How to Make Faux Leather Tassels – Shrimp Salad Circus
- Trendy Earrings – 30 Minute Crafts
- Easy DIY Luggage Tags – 100 Directions
- Tulip Wreath – The Country Chic Cottage
- Hedgehog Cell Phone Holder – Tried and True
- Easter Egg Bath Bombs – Gluesticks
- DIY Color Memory Game – SeeLindsay
- Kawaii Rainbow Craft – Creatively Beth
- Easy Embossed Card – EJ’s Fun Crafting
- Free The Ocean is My Happy Place SVG File
- DIY Mermaid Cake Topper
- Free SVG for Teacher Coffee Mug
- Free Starbucks SVG Files
- Use the Cricut Engraving Tool with a Free SVG