Hold your Horses! You still have time to make your own Kentucky Derby shirt! Download a FREE Kentucky Derby SVG and use your Cricut or Silhouette to design the perfect Kentucky Derby outfit!
The Kentucky Derby, or the “Run for the Roses” is the first race of the coveted Triple Crown and is historically held the first Saturday in May. Derby Day is rich in Southern culture from ALL the food, drinks, and outfits – including derby hats!
I always celebrate with some easy Kentucky Derby party ideas and host a party for my friends where we cheer for our favorite horses and drink loads of Mint Julep Lemonade, Sweet Tea Mint Juleps, and eat yummy southern inspired desserts like my EASY Berries & Cream Recipe.
DIY Kentucky Derby Shirt
If you’d like to make your own Kentucky Derby Shirt, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Iron On Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Regular Iron
- Hold your Horses Kentucky Derby SVG (Download at the end of the post)
- Blank Shirt (here’s the White and Gray Raglan I used on Amazon)
How to Make your Own Kentucky Derby Shirt
Note: SVG Files can only be used in upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio
Upload your Kentucky Derby SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt.
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the vinyl goes DOWN on your mat. Weed away the extra vinyl. Iron on or use the EasyPress 2 to press the vinyl design onto the shirt. If you’re using the Cricut EasyPress, for recommendations based on your materials, you can check out the Cricut EasyPress Recommended Settings.
More Kentucky Derby Ideas:
- Berries and Cream Recipe with Bourbon Cream
- Mint Julep Jello Shots
- Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
- Mint Julep Sweet Tea Recipe
- Mint Julep Lemonade Recipe
Download the Free Kentucky Derby SVG
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.
See my Latest Posts:
- Free Printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt for All Ages
- xTool F1: Small and Portable Desktop Laser Machine
- Free Printable Halloween Coloring Pages for All Ages
- How to Make a Spiral Tie Dye Shirt: Create a Beautiful Swirl Design
- xTool Automatic Conveyor Feeder – Setup and Review