Hold your Horses! You still have time to make your own Kentucky Derby shirt! Download a FREE Kentucky Derby SVG and use your Cricut or Silhouette to design the perfect Kentucky Derby outfit!
The Kentucky Derby, or the “Run for the Roses” is the first race of the coveted Triple Crown and is historically held the first Saturday in May. Derby Day is rich in Southern culture from ALL the food, drinks, and outfits – including derby hats! I always celebrate with some easy Kentucky Derby party ideas and host a party for my friends where we cheer for our favorite horses and drink loads of Mint Julep Lemonade, Sweet Tea Mint Juleps, and eat yummy southern inspired desserts like my EASY Berries & Cream Recipe.
DIY Kentucky Derby Shirt
If you’d like to make your own Kentucky Derby Shirt, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Iron On Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Regular Iron
- Hold your Horses Kentucky Derby SVG (Download at the end of the post)
- Blank Shirt (here’s the White and Gray Raglan I used on Amazon)
How to Make your Own Kentucky Derby Shirt
Note: SVG Files can only be used in upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio
Upload your Kentucky Derby SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt. Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the vinyl goes DOWN on your mat. Weed away the extra vinyl. Iron on or use the EasyPress 2 to press the vinyl design onto the shirt. If you’re using the Cricut EasyPress, for recommendations based on your materials, you can check out the Cricut EasyPress Recommended Settings.
More Kentucky Derby Ideas:
- Berries and Cream Recipe with Bourbon Cream
- Mint Julep Jello Shots
- Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
- Mint Julep Sweet Tea Recipe
- Mint Julep Lemonade Recipe
Download the Free Kentucky Derby SVG
Upon entering your information, a “Download” button will appear. Click button and file (.zip) will download instantly. You will NOT be sent an email with the file. Free SVG files available for download are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. If you would like to use them for shirts or crafts to sell, please purchase our Commercial Use License.
See my Latest Posts:
- Free Printable School Labels
- Free Wickedly Cute SVG to Make a Girls Halloween Shirt
- Unicorn Notebook with Cricut Infusible Ink
- How to Make Your Own Inspirational Notebook with Cricut Infusible Ink
- Free Game Day Football SVG Cut Files