The Cricut EasyPress Mini is here and now it is easier than ever to make small iron on projects! Use the EasyPress Mini to make custom pocket tees with Star Wars images from Cricut Design Space and Star Wars patterned Iron On.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
I was really excited to try the Cricut EasyPress Mini for this new shirt design – custom Star Wars pocket tees! This design has small pieces of iron on that need to line up and the Cricut EasyPress Mini made it really easy to align the pieces of vinyl and keep them in place while heating. I didn’t have to worry about them shifting under a larger heat plate (or burning my fingers trying to keep them in place!)
How to Make DIY Custom Pocket Tees
We are all huge Star Wars fans in my house. My oldest son is an especially big fan of the brand, and loves the droids most of all (he even had a BB-8 birthday party.) After using a traditional EasyPress to make these Star Wars shirt designs for Cricut, I wanted to try making my own pocket shirt design with Star Wars patterned vinyl. And while I was at it, I wanted to make little droid friends to “come out” of the pocket shape.
Even if you have another Cricut EasyPress, the EasyPress Mini is a GREAT companion to the other sizes. It was really much easier to use on these small pieces of Iron On. It has a pointed shape so I could get close to the edges of the design (and my fingers) without worrying about burning myself, and the handle was really comfortable to use. Because I could keep my fingers on the pieces, I could hold the designs in place as well. In addition to shirts, it can also be used for other surfaces that would be hard to use a traditional pressing method, including shoes, hats, stuffed animals, and more. I can’t wait to use it on a set of canvas shoes!
Star Wars Pocket Shirt Supplies
Here are all of the supplies you need to make these DIY Star Wars Shirts with the Cricut EasyPress Mini:
- Cricut Maker or Explore Air Machine (from the Cricut Online Shop)
- Cricut Iron On Vinyl in Black and White
- Cricut Star Wars Patterned Iron On
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Cricut EasyPress Mat (you can use any size with the EasyPress Mini)
- Star Wars Droid designs from Cricut Design Space (R2D2|BB-8)
- Blank Shirt (here’s my favorite shirt brand on Amazon)
How to Make Star Wars Custom Pocket Shirts
- Open your designs in Cricut Design Space. You can use the images I've selected (links in the supply list above!) or choose your own designs. There are SO many options to choose from in Cricut Design Space! Here's the pocket design I used: Pocket Shape in Cricut Design Space.
- Size the images to fit your shirt, onesie, or other blank clothing item.
- Click the green "Make It" button. Make sure to MIRROR your design when using Iron On, and place the shiny side of the iron on DOWN on the cutting mat.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select your machine and type of material you're using. Cut designs.
- Weed away the extra vinyl from the designs. Place design on shirt so that it is right side up and press onto your shirt.
- NOTE: For EasyPress Mini (and other EasyPress) heating instructions based on the cutting material and fabric of your shirt, follow the Cricut Heat Guide.
My son loves any kind of Star Wars shirts, and helped design these cool Star Wars pocket tees. He is really excited to wear them! Ever since BB-8 was introduced, it has been his favorite droid. He absolutely loved the patterned iron-on all about BB-8!
He also loved that this particular patterned iron on included all of his favorite droids!
We recently had a chance to visit Star Wars land at Walt Disney World, and he can’t wait to wear these pocket shirts when we go back to Disney!
- Sleigh All Day Christmas Starbucks SVG Files
- Printable Thanksgiving Wine Tags
- Printable Thanksgiving Parade Placemat Coloring Page
- Grinch iPhone Aesthetic App and Widget Icons
- Printable Christmas Bucket List Coloring Page