We are Bourbon drinkers around here. Yum, Bourbon. But we make one exception: for Moscow Mules. (Ok–maybe exceptions for Sunday morning mimosas, sangria in the summer next to the pool, but, when there’s time to just have a drink, it generally contains bourbon). I guess we just like good drinks!
And this drink is no exception. It’s a Moscow Mule, but instead of using Ginger Beer, we used Not Your Father’s Ginger Ale from Small Town Brewery. It’s an awesome drink by itself, but when used in a Moscow Mule, we love it even more! I know, it’s actual beer, but you’d never know!
This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one or more of the links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Moscow Mules are super easy to make, but our favorite part is the copper mug! They’re oh-so-stylish right now! So break out those copper mugs and start drinking (responsibly, of course!)
Moscow Mule with a Twist
- 1 copper mug
- ice (cubed)
- 2 oz vodka (Tito's, Stoli, Smirnoff)
- 2 lime slices
- 1 bottle Not Your Father's Ginger Ale (1 bottle will make about 2 drinks)
- Fill about 1/2 of your copper mug with ice.
- Squeeze in juice from slice of lime and add vodka.
- Stir to mix and then fill up the rest of the mug with the ginger ale. Garnish with another slice of lime. Drink, and repeat.
This drink would be perfect for hanging out and watching the big game this weekend, and could be your new favorite!