Download a FREE Merry Christmas SVG file that you can use with your Cricut and Silhouette machines, as well as a file to use with your sublimation printer. Just download and cut out of vinyl or iron on, or print with sublimation ink to create your very own Christmas transfer for mugs, shirts, and more!
Crafters are extra busy this time of year – there is a rush to get gifts and decorations made before Christmas – and I am not excluded! I love to make handmade gifts like signs, tumblers, shirts, and mugs.
Merry Christmas SVG for Crafts
To help ease some of your craft efforts, I have a ton of Free Christmas SVG files available to download, including this brand new file! I designed a simple, retro Merry Christmas file that you can use for a ton of different craft applications!
I am a huge fan of sublimation (either with my own converted inkjet printer or Infusible Ink), so I am including the JPG version of this design to use with sublimation, too! In fact, if you want to use this design for a mug, I would suggest you use sublimation or remove the black outline piece of the design. The details will otherwise be too small to cut from vinyl for a small mug.
And this file isn’t just for Cricut or sublimation – you can use the file to make gift tags or stickers, too! Check out this easy printable gift tag that you can make with a regular inkjet printer.
Favorite Supplies for Merry Christmas SVG
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon | Cricut | Michaels)
- Adhesive Vinyl from Cricut | Expressions Vinyl | Michaels | Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Transfer Tape from Amazon | Cricut | Expressions Vinyl | Michaels | Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Iron On Vinyl (HTV) from Cricut | Expressions Vinyl | Michaels | Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Cricut EasyPress from Cricut | Michaels or Heat Press from Heat Transfer Warehouse
- Infusible Ink Sheets for Sublimation Projects at Cricut | Michaels
- Cricut Mug Press (if you’re using Infusible Ink, it’s a must own!)
- Printable Vinyl is what I recommend for Stickers from Michaels | Expressions Vinyl
- 12×12″ Craft Printer for Print the Cut Projects
- SVG (Get the Library Password)
And here are my favorite sublimation supplies that I use to print my own transfers:
- Epson EcoTank Printer
- HiiPoo Sublimation Ink
- Sublimation Paper
- Cricut Mug Press
- Lint Roller
- Butcher Paper
- Heat Resistant Tape
How to Make a Mug with a Free Merry Christmas SVG File
If you are new to sublimation, I have a really detailed post on EVERYTHING you need to know about making a mug with sublimation. Read it here: Everything you Need to Know about Sublimation Mugs.
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Here are the basic instructions for using adhesive vinyl to make a mug:
Upload the Free SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your cup. You do NOT need to mirror the design when using adhesive vinyl. The vinyl goes RIGHT SIDE UP on your mat. Cut when ready. Weed away the extra vinyl and use transfer tape to move the design from the backing to your item. Make sure to double check the type of transfer tape required for the vinyl you’re using (for example, Cricut Shimmer Vinyl requires StrongGrip Transfer Tape.)
Download Merry Christmas SVG for Cutting Machines and Sublimation
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.
Don’t forget to pin this post to your favorite Christmas board on Pinterest!