Making Hand Lettered Easter eggs is quick and easy, and is even a perfect activity to do with your kids. I used chalkboard Easter eggs, which helped make this Easter activity even easier! Grab plastic chalkboard eggs and a chalkboard marker, and get ready to make these Easter egg designs. AND, download the FREE Hand Lettering Worksheet that you can use to practice your hand lettering before you decorate the Easter eggs.
Hand Lettered Easter Eggs
If you’ve never used plastic eggs to make decorative Easter eggs, you’re missing out! You don’t have to use hard boiled eggs, and you don’t have to dye the eggs if you don’t want to deal with that mess! I have used both chalkboard Easter eggs and plain white plastic Easter eggs, which are easy to find on Amazon or at local stores.
Because you can use plastic Easter eggs for this DIY Hand Lettering Project, they would be perfect for an Easter party activity! These are definitely not as messy as dying eggs and the kids could choose their own Easter egg designs.
Supplies Needed to Make Chalkboard Hand Lettered Easter Eggs
- Plastic Chalkboard Easter eggs (or alternatively, regular eggs painted with chalkboard paint)
- Bistro Chalkboard Marker (it’s such a great marker for chalkboard crafts – make sure you get a Fine Point one!)
Easter Hand Lettering Worksheet
If you’re a pro at hand lettering, you won’t need my easy calligraphy worksheet – if not, download it below! You can use a brush pen (like this black brush pen) to practice your hand lettering! Print one or more of the practice sheets and use them to perfect your handwritten Easter eggs.
If you’re sick of coloring Easter eggs, this Easter activity could be a great option for you! Hand lettered decorative Easter eggs can be used year after year for Easter decor, and everyone will love these classic designs.
Here’s some more Easter Ideas I think you’ll love:
- DIY Cricut Easter Shirts
- Happy Easter Y’all FREE Easter SVG + 15 More Free SVGs
- Carrot and Orange Easter Mimosa Cocktail
- Easy Easter Chocolate Cake Dessert Recipe with Peeps Bunnies
- Peeps Easter Cocktail Recipe
- Easter Party Ideas for Kids
- Best FREE Christmas SVG Files
- DIY Gingerbread Ornaments with the Cricut
- Free Black Friday SVG Cut File
- Free Printable Halloween Card
- Free Grinch Stink Stank Stunk SVG File