I’m sharing a fun Patriotic SVG for everyone today – it’s perfect for 4th of July outfits and shirts and all of your Independence Day crafts! And, it’s part of this month’s edition of Craft Lightning, so scroll down to get all of the quick and easy patriotic crafts you can make in 15 minutes or less!
4th of July SVG for Silhouette or Cricut
If you’re making a DIY shirt for summer with your Silhouette or Cricut, this Free 4th of July SVG Cut File is perfect for any party that includes fireworks! It’s kind of a tradition to make myself a “y’all” shirt for all of the holidays, so I couldn’t miss 4th of July!
Get all of my Southern SVG Files:
- Free Merry Christmas Y’all SVG
- Happy Easter Y’all Free SVG
- XOXO Y’all Free Valentine’s Day SVG
- Cheers Y’all SVG
- Happy Fall Y’all SVG
- Free Boo Y’all Halloween SVG
What’s great about using Iron On Vinyl (Heat Transfer Vinyl or HTV) is that you can make a shirt, tote or other craft in just a few minutes! Just cut the vinyl, weed, and then iron on the design to your shirt, tote, or onesie (or use the amazing Cricut EasyPress 2).
Supplies Needed to Make a 4th of July Shirt
What supplies do you need to make your own 4th of July Shirt with your Silhouette or Cricut Machine?
- Cutting Machine (Buy a Cricut on Amazon or on the Cricut Online Shop | Silhouette on Amazon)
- Iron On Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Regular Iron
- Boom Y’all 4th of July SVG (Download at the end of the post)
- Blank Shirt (here’s the Soft Gray T Shirt I used – on Amazon)
How to Make your Own 4th of July Shirt with SVG Cut File
If you’re new to using SVG files with your Cricut machine, make sure you read my full post on How to Upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Upload your SVG file to your cutting software and size it to fit your shirt or tote bag. Make sure to MIRROR the design before cutting, and then cut when ready. The shiny side of the vinyl goes DOWN on your mat.
Weed away the extra vinyl. Iron on or use the EasyPress 2 to press the vinyl design onto the shirt. If you’re using the Cricut EasyPress, for recommendations based on your materials, you can check out the Cricut EasyPress Recommended Settings.
You’re done! In just a few minutes you have your very own shirt!
*NOTE: I took a couple of additional steps to make the shirt pictured using the “Contour” tool in Cricut Design Space. I created multiple copies of the design, then removed pieces of the designs with the contour tool to cut the fireworks in different colors. It’s great practice using the contour tool!
More 4th of July DIY Crafts:
- Red, White and Blue Dessert Ideas
- Free “Oh My Stars” Patriotic SVG
- Free Printable 4th of July Cupcake Toppers
- Easy 4th of July Party & Picnic Ideas
Download Free 4th of July SVG Cut File – Boom Y’all
You will NOT receive an email with the download file. SVG files can be used with Cricut Design Space and upgraded versions of Silhouette Studio.
See My Latest Posts:
- xTool Screen Printer Review: Set Up, How to Use, and Free Designs
- DIY Personalized Family Christmas Ornament with a Laser
- DIY Taylor Swift Advent Calendar
- Free Printable Grinch Coloring Pages for Christmas
- How to Make a Simple Shaker Christmas Ornament with a Cricut